This new white format allows me to post complete pics (the other Blogger formats cut them off, practically in half). Pretend you're reading your newspaper or something.
Dates separate each post, barely, so look for the dates on the left. Print is large & readable. Comment section is unchanged. My Profile info was at the bottom, but I moved it back to the top. Deal with it.
ABANDON HOPE ALL YE WHO ENTER HERE.
If you have already abandoned hope,
please disregard this notice.
In this blog, you'll be exposed to the way I see things. Lots of things. Stuff I think of. Things that happen. Random weirdness. Occasional seriousness. My life. My world. My universe. My reality. By reading this, you have given me brief control of your mind....
David Letterman wants to help the ailing GOP and he did so by producing a new television ad for them called "The Party of Yes." It details their positive stance on issues and tells voters that they will be ready to lead in 2028.
.
94 comments:
lightbrigade
said...
"Gay bathroom sex, hell yes!" LOL!! That's the repubs for sure!
The GOP (Got Zero Plans) have proven to everyone (but the bottom third of the country that listens to hate radio or Fox) that their policies are epic failures and they really are just a pitiful joke!
And yes to obstructionism, yes to lies, yes to flipflopping, yes to treason, yes to dirty tricks, yes to tax cuts for the rich and yes to selling the country to the incompetent corporations that will destroy it if left unchecked.
I bet there are Republicans on the hill taking notes from this . . . "oh, yeah, that's good! We can use that!" The GOP is so completely politically bankrupt.
I watch Stewart and Colbert at night, so I miss Dave. It's great to be able to see this stuff online thanks to doc's blog. Letterman has been on fire during the election and after. I think this streak started with the McCain incident. Funny, funny stuff -- and you don't need to make any of it up.
Yes, Letterman has outdone himself again! Wondered how he'd manage after Bush left office. Doing great, thanks to endless supply of comic material provided by the GOP.
He is a very funny guy, but what viewers don't know is how little his studio crew is paid, freezing in his ice cold studio, to make him look good and keep him happy.
He and CBS's lack of support to his crew is less than half the going daily rate for freelance studio crew in the NYC market!
Dave's salary (reported $31.5 million) is beyond the stratosphere of most these egregiously paid CEO's who are under fire today.
He could take a page out of the more generous Colbert and Stewart's play book and show more appreciation to the fine studio crew that make him look good.
Like Stewart and Colbert, Dave opened his wallet during the writers strike last year. That is commendable.
But there is a huge discrepancy at CBS when they are paying outrageous salaries to the Letterman's and Couric's, but nickel and dime to the hard working crews who put these sparkling pictures on the air each night without a glitch.
I LOVE Dave's political humor, but I rarely stay up late enough to watch his show. Anyone know if his political humor has affected his ratings, up or down?
Really, all he has to do is track the GOP and tell the truth about what they say and do. They're the best advertisement for the Democratic Party. Dingbats.
In recent years, I've noticed Letterman being less afraid to voice political opinions. For me, it's been nice to see that someone I've admired for a long time has what I think are the most rational political views.
To my eyes, it started with George Bush getting the Republican nomination. Dave was one of the smart ones early on who was absolutely scratching his head that such an intellectual lightweight could get his party's nomination to run for President of the United States. Prior to that, Letterman was not a partisan political humorist. Obviously, Dave loves his country and respects the Office and when they trotted this clown out, he was amused, until the election disaster and the moron actually got the Presidency. Even before 9/11, Late Night was taking Bush to task - then, well, anybody with a public forum who loves their country could not in good conscience remain silent as the rest of the debacle unfolded over the past eight years.
I totally agree. Dave seems to be the sane, rational "thinking person" that we can identify with....as opposed to the ludicrous blowhards that crowd some of the airwaves. He gets his snipes in but mostly just represents a logic that is lost on so many pundits.
And I respect him more for not flaunting his wealth...like Oprah seems to do.
I love it when Dave smacks down the tools on the right. I'm sure many people hate it though... oh wait, those people are at most only a third of the nation. The ones still using rabbit ears for their TVs.
Dave's writers haven't been twiddling their thumbs for nearly thirty years of television comedy. Dave has had more influence on Jon's career, not the other way around. Just ask Jon Stewart, or ask Conan O'Brien, both of whom have said as much on more than one occasion. Know who was the last guest on Stewart's first show when it ended back in '94? Letterman. Know who was Conan's first guest when he took over for Letterman? Letterman. Know who signed Stewart to a contract after MTV let him go? Letterman. Know who both O'Brien and Stewart paid tribute to when they won Emmy awards for comedy writing? Letterman.
Believe it or not, comedy existed on late night before the last eight years. You can look it up.
Eh, I don't feel like Letterman is necessarily copying Stewart. From my POV it seems more like Letterman is feeling freer to express his disgust with some of the overly obnoxious Republicans. The right-wingers have their pundits....so Letterman is pushing back on some of the bullies.
Perhaps I'm just naive, but this feels more like the "real" Letterman. I remember being surprised at the emotions he displayed after his 9/11 show.
Plus, it'd be hard NOT to notice that politics is a hot topic these days...and Letterman is no doubt trying to cash in...as is Leno.
It's not that Letterman is trying solely for a comedic point as much as it is attempting to make a political observation and comment - which he manages very well.
Stewart's a great guy but Letterman's been around a whole lot longer and taking a lot more political shots at the bad guys.
He has a way of disarming the situation by feigning ignorance when hes really sharp and on top of the situation. Trust me, Stewart has a ton of writers on The Daily Show.
Comedy changes with the times. And it can express its insights in more than one way.
David Letterman has changed since he had heart surgery and became a father, and more recently married.
He wants to see a better world for his son than we appear to be making. David doesn't do what others do. He calls you what you are, then sticks a knife in your ribs and twists it. He does that very well and people like a truth teller.
I actually thought the Republicans were smarter than this - that they would realize, to paraphrase Obama, that "the ground has shifted beneath their feet."
But God love 'em, they still cling to the same threadbare ideologies, chanting their mantra of "government is the problem" and "the solution to everything is to cut taxes."
If that sort of thinking was going to work, then we should be in a friggin' utopia after the last eight years of GOP rule, but we're far, far from it.
If they continue to operate in this 19th century mindset, I'd be surprised if the GOP is competitive even by 2028.
I've never thought Letterman was all that funny, but he does have a following, so it's great that he pounds Republicans, everyone should. They've been despicable for so long !
The only amazing thing is that people are just now realizing it - I guess having your 401(k) evaporate gets your attention.
Just remember that 401(k) accounts were a Republican scheme to relieve corporations from having to provide workers with pensions.
It was a Ronald Reagan boondoggle, you know, the Saint of all Saints for Republicans.
He was the one to throw workers to the fates of the stock market, where their bones could be picked clean by the piranhas of Wall Street.
I guess it also took 8 years of Republican rule to show the Republicans for what they are.
They already are trying to hide their true nature, saying that Bush was never a conservative, he was really a liberal, deficits will hurt our grandkids - blah blah blah.
They never cared about deficits when they were in charge, wasting taxpayer money on wars everywhere.
But spend a nickel on Americans and you're a socialist. Republicans stink.
letterman should have had the tonight show instead of leno. however, he just went to cbs and created the anti-talk show, and never looked back. the best of the best, letterman.
94 comments:
"Gay bathroom sex, hell yes!"
LOL!! That's the repubs for sure!
The GOP (Got Zero Plans) have proven to everyone (but the bottom third of the country that listens to hate radio or Fox) that their policies are epic failures and they really are just a pitiful joke!
And yes to obstructionism, yes to lies, yes to flipflopping, yes to treason, yes to dirty tricks, yes to tax cuts for the rich and yes to selling the country to the incompetent corporations that will destroy it if left unchecked.
Who do you think we are? Ralph Nader?
I bet there are Republicans on the hill taking notes from this . . . "oh, yeah, that's good! We can use that!" The GOP is so completely politically bankrupt.
Oh, I love David Letterman! Snap!
I watch Stewart and Colbert at night, so I miss Dave. It's great to be able to see this stuff online thanks to doc's blog. Letterman has been on fire during the election and after. I think this streak started with the McCain incident. Funny, funny stuff -- and you don't need to make any of it up.
Nice Dave! Keep em coming please!
Best Larry Craig joke of the year.
That picture..........priceless!
Letterman is absolutely at the top of his game. Hilarious.
the sad thing is it's all true
HAHA NICE!!
Republicans - The party of Buffoons
Yes, Letterman has outdone himself again! Wondered how he'd manage after Bush left office. Doing great, thanks to endless supply of comic material provided by the GOP.
LMAO.
Huzzah!
Go, Dave! Great!
That was awesome Dave!
Nice job, doc. The GOP digs its own pit and it's nice to see the nighttime talk shows hammering them deeper into it.
Hell yes !!
He is a very funny guy, but what viewers don't know is how little his studio crew is paid, freezing in his ice cold studio, to make him look good and keep him happy.
He and CBS's lack of support to his crew is less than half the going daily rate for freelance studio crew in the NYC market!
Dave's salary (reported $31.5 million) is beyond the stratosphere of most these egregiously paid CEO's who are under fire today.
He could take a page out of the more generous Colbert and Stewart's play book and show more appreciation to the fine studio crew that make him look good.
Like Stewart and Colbert, Dave opened his wallet during the writers strike last year. That is commendable.
But there is a huge discrepancy at CBS when they are paying outrageous salaries to the Letterman's and Couric's, but nickel and dime to the hard working crews who put these sparkling pictures on the air each night without a glitch.
Except that Letterman isn't receiving public welfare as are the bloated CEO's begging for handouts. Big difference, oh wise dude.
What? Did you not get an invite to his wedding? Bummer dude.
Sounds like a microcosm of the United States. Is CBS unionized?
Haha funny, but really what makes it so funny is that it is all true.
Doc - That 'Party of Yes' was priceless. Thanks (I watch Leno)
I LOVE Dave's political humor, but I rarely stay up late enough to watch his show. Anyone know if his political humor has affected his ratings, up or down?
Love it!! Do these people (GOP) not care how foolish they look to the whole world?
Isn't it amazing? They think they look completely sane. Ha!
David Letterman is a team player. It's clear he is going to be critical to pushing through the Obama plan over the next four years.
Really, all he has to do is track the GOP and tell the truth about what they say and do. They're the best advertisement for the Democratic Party. Dingbats.
Atta Boy Dave! Videos like this make us feel less like a crash test dummy.
lol funny stuff but it should read 2048
God, FUNNY! Not 28...not 48... NOT EVER! The world is getting much smarter, hence repubs will slowly disappear along with the dinosaurs.
Well done Dave! Heehee.... very funny
Pretty pointed. Didn't know Letterman was willing to be so direct. Good for him.
In recent years, I've noticed Letterman being less afraid to voice political opinions. For me, it's been nice to see that someone I've admired for a long time has what I think are the most rational political views.
To my eyes, it started with George Bush getting the Republican nomination. Dave was one of the smart ones early on who was absolutely scratching his head that such an intellectual lightweight could get his party's nomination to run for President of the United States. Prior to that, Letterman was not a partisan political humorist. Obviously, Dave loves his country and respects the Office and when they trotted this clown out, he was amused, until the election disaster and the moron actually got the Presidency. Even before 9/11, Late Night was taking Bush to task - then, well, anybody with a public forum who loves their country could not in good conscience remain silent as the rest of the debacle unfolded over the past eight years.
I totally agree. Dave seems to be the sane, rational "thinking person" that we can identify with....as opposed to the ludicrous blowhards that crowd some of the airwaves. He gets his snipes in but mostly just represents a logic that is lost on so many pundits.
And I respect him more for not flaunting his wealth...like Oprah seems to do.
Good for us viewers! Love it.
2028... Just around the corner ;-)
Beating up on a wounded GOP is good for laughs, but I worry that a dysfunctional loyal opposition could devolve into something not so funny.
If you saw the Palin rallies or actually listen to the messages Rush broadcasts, then you know what I'm talking about.
I for one, hope for the recovery of a RATIONAL and centrist GOP if only to maintain a balance of power.
Our country is only hurt by extreme swings in the political pendulum.
Rethugs don't watch Dave. His humor's too smart for them.
Hell yes!
HA!
I love it when Dave smacks down the tools on the right. I'm sure many people hate it though... oh wait, those people are at most only a third of the nation. The ones still using rabbit ears for their TVs.
Great doc. Loved it, good going David.
Too bad (Too for the GOP) that's actually the truth.
When was this, Friday? I missed it. thanks Dr. B. Dave will probably run it again. Hopefully often!
Wouldn't it be nice if this Letterman spoof was the tipping point for the Republican Party? They are on their last leg.
Thanks Dave - you hit the nail on the head!
Loved it.......way to go Dave......
Oh man, Letterman will ruin them for sure.
IMHO, Letterman seems to be trying to make his show more politically opinionated in the mold of Jon Stewart.
Does Stewart write all his shows in their entirety? Letterman keeps raking in Emmys.
Dave's writers haven't been twiddling their thumbs for nearly thirty years of television comedy. Dave has had more influence on Jon's career, not the other way around. Just ask Jon Stewart, or ask Conan O'Brien, both of whom have said as much on more than one occasion. Know who was the last guest on Stewart's first show when it ended back in '94? Letterman. Know who was Conan's first guest when he took over for Letterman? Letterman. Know who signed Stewart to a contract after MTV let him go? Letterman. Know who both O'Brien and Stewart paid tribute to when they won Emmy awards for comedy writing? Letterman.
Believe it or not, comedy existed on late night before the last eight years. You can look it up.
Eh, I don't feel like Letterman is necessarily copying Stewart. From my POV it seems more like Letterman is feeling freer to express his disgust with some of the overly obnoxious Republicans. The right-wingers have their pundits....so Letterman is pushing back on some of the bullies.
Perhaps I'm just naive, but this feels more like the "real" Letterman. I remember being surprised at the emotions he displayed after his 9/11 show.
Plus, it'd be hard NOT to notice that politics is a hot topic these days...and Letterman is no doubt trying to cash in...as is Leno.
It's not that Letterman is trying solely for a comedic point as much as it is attempting to make a political observation and comment - which he manages very well.
Stewart's a great guy but Letterman's been around a whole lot longer and taking a lot more political shots at the bad guys.
He has a way of disarming the situation by feigning ignorance when hes really sharp and on top of the situation. Trust me, Stewart has a ton of writers on The Daily Show.
Comedy changes with the times. And it can express its insights in more than one way.
David Letterman has changed since he had heart surgery and became a father, and more recently married.
He wants to see a better world for his son than we appear to be making. David doesn't do what others do. He calls you what you are, then sticks a knife in your ribs and twists it. He does that very well and people like a truth teller.
Don't underestimate Letterman's intelligence... he gets it, but downplays it quite well.
I actually thought the Republicans were smarter than this - that they would realize, to paraphrase Obama, that "the ground has shifted beneath their feet."
But God love 'em, they still cling to the same threadbare ideologies, chanting their mantra of "government is the problem" and "the solution to everything is to cut taxes."
If that sort of thinking was going to work, then we should be in a friggin' utopia after the last eight years of GOP rule, but we're far, far from it.
If they continue to operate in this 19th century mindset, I'd be surprised if the GOP is competitive even by 2028.
Thank you for explaining my thoughts exactly for me.
That was a very accurate description of the GOP! Lock, stock, and tap dancing in the bathroom!
It's funny cause it's true.
I've never thought Letterman was all that funny, but he does have a following, so it's great that he pounds Republicans, everyone should. They've been despicable for so long !
The only amazing thing is that people are just now realizing it - I guess having your 401(k) evaporate gets your attention.
Just remember that 401(k) accounts were a Republican scheme to relieve corporations from having to provide workers with pensions.
It was a Ronald Reagan boondoggle, you know, the Saint of all Saints for Republicans.
He was the one to throw workers to the fates of the stock market, where their bones could be picked clean by the piranhas of Wall Street.
I guess it also took 8 years of Republican rule to show the Republicans for what they are.
They already are trying to hide their true nature, saying that Bush was never a conservative, he was really a liberal, deficits will hurt our grandkids - blah blah blah.
They never cared about deficits when they were in charge, wasting taxpayer money on wars everywhere.
But spend a nickel on Americans and you're a socialist. Republicans stink.
I could kiss you for that synopsis. Well done.
Dave Letterman is hilarious.
I always thought the thing that did Palin in (besides her own comments) was that it was so easy to laugh at her....
I guess that now applies generally to the GOP
"Egggsellent....."
Is that the creepy deep-voiced guy from Mortal Kombat you're quoting?
I thought it was Mr. Burns.
I believe it's Mr. Burns from the Simpsons...
Republicans. Like clubbing baby seals at this point, ain't it?
Dave forgot that they're also the party of "yes" when the question is corporate bailouts.
He also forgot they are the party of YES when it comes to high priced Hookers(ie: David Vitter).
Bless you, David Letterman.
Job well done!
I hope this is a regular bit on Letterman. There's so much gold to mine along that vein.
Brilliant and the TRUTH!
"Looking ahead to 2028."
LOL
loved it. keep it coming.
ROTFL!!!!
Brilliant! Love it. Thanks doc.
So, So tru!!!...DAVID L. IS BRILLIANT!!...although 2028 may be a bit too soon???
That was all too real and all too funny !
Thanks
-:)
Best thing he's done in eons
LOL! Im going to send this clip to all my friends!
YES!! It sounds about right!
Letterman has always given it to the republicans.
He hated Bush and let everyone know it from before day one.
Thanks Dave, we (us proud liberal dems) love you!
Letterman, always miles above Leno and the rest.
letterman should have had the tonight show instead of leno. however, he just went to cbs and created the anti-talk show, and never looked back. the best of the best, letterman.
Finally, a Republican ad I can believe in.
Yes, you can!
Dave wiped the floor with Bill O'Reilly when he was on recently.
The Democrats should have a version of this ad ready for the next elections.
Post a Comment