Hey, fellow commenters! Fox News' Glenn Beck has heard what you've been saying about him -- how his brand of crazyfaced paranoid fearmongering is just the sort of thing that could send the Richard Poplawskis of the world to off on a madhouse demonstration of armed derangement -- and he is NONE TOO HAPPY. How dare someone suggest that people take responsibility for the "news" they talk about, on their "news show!" Don't shoot the messenger! And by messenger, Beck means "fight attendant." And by "flight attendant," Beck means, apparently, "someone who is allowed to misinform the public, even at the risk of airborne disaster." Yes: it's possible, I'm afraid, that Glenn Beck doesn't know what he's talking about, but I'll let him speak for himself (on The Young Turks show, where I found it, because I DO NOT watch Glenn Beck).
[WATCH]
BECK: "Blaming TV or radio hosts for the nutjob who killed three Pittsburgh police officers over the weekend is like blaming a flight attendant after a terrorist takes down a plane. In other words: Giving passengers a safety talk to prepare them for a worst-case scenario doesn't mean you are responsible should a terrorist make that worst-case scenario happen. One person is providing important information. The other is a nutjob who would've acted no matter what."
Naturally, the whole argument that some people are just nuts, no matter what you do, is something I'll come back to if ever Glenn Beck attempts to make the argument that a video game or an R-rated movie or some goth metal or a random episode of Samantha Who? inspired a killing spree. As Beck is a critic of THE CULTURE OMG THE CULTURE, it's an inevitable, looming hypocrisy. But let's dig into the flight attendant metaphor.
To me, the idea sort of hangs on the idea of "providing important information." See, the sort of "important information" that Beck provides is nonsensical, paranoid, delusions, like say: FASCISM IS ON THE MARCH, or ONE-WORLD CURRENCIES ARE COMING, or OBAMA IS COMING TO TAKE YOUR GUNS (this despite the fact that Obama has publicly supported the expansion of gun ownership to Washington, DC, where ownership was once illegal.
In short, this is providing "misinformation," something I'd daresay would be awfully hard to justify coming from a flight attendant. The point is, Beck doesn't feel responsible for the actions of this nutjob from Pittsburgh. And it's clear that he won't be giving an inch on that point. But he shouldn't be comparing himself to someone for whom taking responsibility is compulsory and disseminating misinformation is not allowed, like a flight attendant.
.

100 comments:
A flight Attendant yelling fire in a crowed theater is more like it
What a nut job. Just goes to show you that the GOP should change their name to the Conservative Rural Appalachian Party
Its like blaming a flight attendant after a plane crash when he/she keeps saying it's ok to build a campfire on the plane and that nothing bad will happen if you randomly open the emergency door.
Don't forget about the guns.
They wouldn't.
This is typical of the entire (with a few exceptions) GOP-- they never take responsibility for their actions like, say, bankrupting this country and destroying the economy.
Don't blame me for those people who were trampled, all I did was scream FIRE repeatedly.
Thank you - I was going to write a lengthy post about why Beck's flight attendant analogy was flawed, but you summed it up very succinctly!
Flight Attendants Unite!
Beck is the worst!!
I hold Beck, Hannity, Rush, Coulter, Bachmann for the deaths of the 3 Pittsburg police men! Their spreading of lies and hate, and telling people to get armed and dangerous is SICK SICK SICK! You have their blood on your hands!
The folks you mentioned are singing a siren song to all the pitiful nuts out there like the shooter in New York. Unless they themselves are certifiably insane, they have to realize they are playing with fire. Obviously from Beck's denial, he would never be able to accept any responsibility for his actions. Does not that in itself indicate a truly disturbed individual?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRfpzjlZCVY
Here is Mr. Beck decrying Grand Theft Auto. And, here's the money quote: "We are training our sons to be killers"
This should be on the Daily Show pretty soon!
Brilliant.
Yeah, compare the two videos. He blames the media for training people to be killers and then takes NO responsibility for influencing a crazy person to attempt assassination in the video in doc's blog. Staggering, staggering hypocrisy by these right wingers again.
Beck channeling Billy Madison.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKjxFJfcrcA&feature=related
I'm waiting for this guy to say something intelligent.
...still waiting.
...still waiting.
Poor Beck is in denial about a lot of things. How is he still on the air?
Everyone at NewsCorps is in denial. He fits in so well.
I thought Beck was a rodeo clown.
But, seriously, none of the ha te talkers will ever take the responsibility for pushing these people over the edge to violence. That is truly the worst of it. They prove over and over that human lives are not their concern--only smearing the president of the United States. What a shameful bunch.
A blogger used had a very interesting take on Beck's defense of himself yesterday. The blogger gave examples of how Beck's arguments were similar to those of a drug dealer
Examples:
1. Blaming anyone other than Poplawski is crazy.
2. I can't be responsible for other people's actions.
3. All I'm doing is providing a public service.
4. The fact that so many people share my concerns is proof that what I'm saying is very important.
5. Poplawski would have acted that way "no matter what."
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2009/4/7/717373/-Glenn-Beck-is-like-a-drug-dealer-of-hate
Um...flight...attendant...
I think I'm gonna need an air sickness bag...
I agree with Beck.
If it wasn't for Elvis and the Beatles there would be no sex out of wedlock.
If it wasn't for Tupac or Eminem there would no gangs or murders.
I can't believe people such as Beck and Hannity can continue to spew as much hate as they do and not even feel somewhat guilty for the lives that have been stolen all in the name of conservatism. I wonder how well they sleep at night.
That said, we should also place blame on the feeble minded imbeciles that choose to follow the insane rhetoric of these soulless neo-cons.
As we all know, what's been happening lately isn't new, as far as extreme right-wing radicalism!!!
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2009/4/7/717381/-Echoes-from-April-19,-1995
So what is glenn beck, a flight attendant or a rodeo clown? I think the two unions should sue for defamation. A flight attendant knows the difference between Philly and Pittsburgh. A rodeo clown heads off the bull instead of spreading it. Which is it glenn? I think he is simply a crybaby.
now that was an insult to babies... lmao...
Glenn Beck as flight attendant:
"Attention passengers: WE ARE ALL GOING DOWN!!!! AAAAAAAGGGGGHHHHH!!! STORM THE COCKPIT! THE PILOT DOESN'T CONTROL YOU - YOU CONTROL HIM! YOU HAVE HIM SURROUNDED! LET'S TAKE HIM AWAY FROM HIS PRECIOUS INSTRUMENTS - THEY'RE NOT HIS INSTRUMENTS ANYWAY! THEY'RE YOURS! (sniffle) I just love this plane so much.... (turns head)"
HAHA. Exxxactly! Glenn Beck is like a flight attendant... A flight attendant who screams "Terrorist!!!!" and opens the emergency exits mid-flight.
OMG, that is so funny! I think I cracked a rib! LMAO!
omg...some of you commentators need to write for SNL...LOL
I thought he was a rodeo clown? Now he's a flight attendant? I can't keep up, since I wouldn't watch him even with a gun to my head.
He's Sybil...only instead of multiple personalities he has multiple careers.
No, I think he has multiple personalities, too.
Can we find ONE conservative willing to take responsibility for his actions?
Nope.
Guess not.
Have the guys with the butterfly nets arrived yet?
The Pittsburgh shooter was a Glenn Beck fan. He even posted a link to a youtube video of Glenn Beck on a Neo-Nazi website.
The shooter believed that the Obama admin. would take away people's guns because Beck and Fox News told him these lies.
Also the TN shooter that shot up a liberal church last year was a fan of O'Reilly, Hannity, and Bernie Goldberg. He had their books and was inspired to kill liberals.
If the FCC can get all worked up and fine a network because it accidentally broadcast a millisecond flash of Janet Jackson's nipple, why can't Fox News be prosecuted as an accessory to murder for the death of those policemen?
That is an excellent question. Fox should be charged for reckless endangerment and Beck with negligent homicide. Alcoholics like Beck are by diagnosis pathological liars and never assume responsibility for their behavior. Throughout history the greatest atrocities that men have perpetrated against their fellows have occurred when one side or the other became convinced that GOD was on their side. Do you not believe that the young muslim men who were willing to die as they crashed planes on 9/11 were not thoroughly convinced that Allah was on their side? The tragedy is that this tenet is always sold by narcissistic charlatans concerned only about building up their own weak ego-strengths and imposing their wills on others. These are scary, scary people!
I hope that Beck isn't planning on flying in the near future. Some of those "flight attendants" may be reading this or heard him on the air and may offer him a piece of what he doesn't have now, a mind.
Boy Glenn, you sure had that defense ready didn't ya? I love how prepared you are. I find you guilty.
Beck = Fearmonger
Would it not be more like Beck's the Flight Attendant that suggested the only way to get the plane to land safely was to open the door at 30,000 feet?
Glenn, you told this guy on air that Obama was a fascist, setting up a police state, coming to remove his guns.
Your words triggered this already troubled individual into full blown paranoia! With deadly results!
You MUST blame the messenger when the message is provably false, inflammatory and divisive, and reported as fact.
Call your show opinion, do not attempt to sell your own delusions as reality. More violence will come of it!
Beck the police officer's blood is on your hands!
Yes he does!
The post gazette had a headline story about the shooter and his right wing beliefs, some of the same things Beck has said.
This was not started by the left. IT IS THE TRUTH. THE FACTS about this man and his right wing beliefs.
So Beck when you talk about people rising up, about "them" this dark insidious "thing" taking over our country....you PROVOKE unstable people who believe what you say....TO COMMIT VIOLENCE!
FOX NEWS HAS THE BLOOD OF THESE POLICEMEN ON ITS HANDS, by ALLOWING these pundits to spew this HATE SPEECH!!
FOX not only allows it, it's quite obvious that they encourage it.
Doc - you rock.
I just got back from visiting Glenn Beck's "9/12 Project" site, specifically, the "Vent" page.
I was curious about his "project" and I figured reading "vents" from those who, like Beck, supposedly want to regain the spirit of 9/12 would be enlightening. Right now I'm a lot dizzier than enlightened.
After reading a number of the "vents" I can tell you that there are some seriously disturbed people in this country of ours - and Glenn Beck is evidently their Jim Jones.
I know there are extremists of all political stripes, and I don't have much use for anyone who is on either fringe of the "rational reasoning continuum." I don't like reading nasty, hateful comments anywhere. Being a self-described "moderate liberal" though, I find myself in agreement more often than not with folks who frequent doc's site, and I really appreciate thoughtful and reasoned arguments.
This so-called "9/12 Project" though, is nothing more than a far right wing forum that obviously encourages sharing outlandish conspiracy theories and downright hatred for our duly elected President.
The other thing that I found so disturbing - disturbing but not surprising - is how virtually every statement is wrapped in some sort of religiosity and concern for the "salvation" of our nation.
I encourage everyone to check this site out. It won't make you feel better, but it will give you a pretty good idea of what rationality is up against these days.
I have been avoiding going on that site for too long, but I just went on it encouraged by the wise one, and now I want to cry. Wow, how sad. People really listen to and believe in Glenn Beck, sigh.
Now if only he would move to South America with his loyal followers......
No thanks, I don't want these guys anywhere near my family.
Holy crap...that site is full of loonies!!! I do love the "my constitutional rights are being violated" line people throw in there...none of which tell us what rights they are referring to....if that's the case, you don't need to vent, you need a LAWYER!!!
they incite hatred, yet call themselves conservative christians; they provoke violence yet call themselves civil; they kill, steal and destroy all in the name of religion... sounds familiar? the hypocrisy is astounding to say the least.
Two words for Glenn Beck:
GUILTY CONSCIENCE.
That is all.
I disagree with the "Guilty Conscience" part. "No Conscience" I think would be more accurate.
If I were to tell an unstable person that someone is coming to their door to kill them, I hand them a loaded gun and they shoot someone who knocks on their door, the law would call me an accessory to a murder.
Is the person who shot through the door a killer? Yes. Am I as much to blame? yes.
If I have a radio show and I encourage my audience to shoot one of our leaders, and someone does it, am I guilty? I say yes.
Rush Limbaugh and Glenn Beck don't seem to think so. Hmmmm...
In the old days when a mob was fired up and hung a black man from the nearest tree, was the person who got the mob fired up guilty? I say yes.
This is exactly what Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck and others like them are guilty of. What amazes me is that not just a station but an entire network would support them.
Bachmann and Beck make a dangerous pair. They encourage all these loony tunes. What happened to the grown up adults in this country?
The Far-Right has been replaced by The Lunatic-Right.
Republicans need to take back their party.
Now, wait a moment. There is indeed some accuracy to Beck's "flight attendant" analogy.
Let's say Captain Beck is standing at the cockpit giving the "seat cushion as a flotation device" shtick, but he seems to be doing so before a flight packed with disgruntled looking people armed with box cutters, pipe bombs and liquids of more than 3 ounces.
While he talks, his speech is peppered with innocuous comments like "Gee, if I was going to blow up a plane, this is how I'd do it" and "Notice I'm standing in front of a structural weakness that could be taken advantage of in flight (wink)."
The simple fact is that the plane in Beck's head and the state of the world at present are both essentially giant potential bombs, sailing along just waiting to explode.
Of course his fingerprints (or those of his cohorts) aren't going to be there when that spark is lit. They are simply whispering sweet nothings and planning tips in the ears of the people who are just looking for any reason to bring it all down.
A more correct analogy would be: Beck is the flight attendant who after boarding a plane full of Muslims, closes all of the doors and say:
"Welcome to flight 07-04-1776 to Guantanamo. This is a one way trip sponsored by the United States National Security Agency and the CIA. Please turn in all cell phones and forget about ever speaking to your families again. In a few minutes an armed flight attendant will come by to serve your favorite brand of torture. We are sorry to inform you however, that due to national security concerns, we are no longer able to offer habeus corpus. Thank you for choosing to fly with Fox News Airlines, we know you have a choice for your disinformation, and are thankful that you chose us. Now sit back, relax and enjoy the stripping of your civil rights."
If, one of those Muslims then decided he didn't want to be on Mr. Beck's flight and started an uprising it wouldn't be Mr. Beck's fault would it? I mean.... the guy was going to be a terrorist anyway... he's a Muslim after all... right?
He's like the Jeff Bridges character in "The Fisher King." But without the remorse.
Mad Cathy's right. Or the flight attendant's safety message might go like this:
"Please fasten all seatbelts before takeoff. As a word of warning, today's pilot may potentially be a terrorist who wishes to crash our plane into the ground causing us all to die a horrible, fiery death. I'm not suggesting you do anything about it, but were you to take up arms against our pilot and crew at 50,000 feet, we may all be safer for it. There may be handguns strapped beneath your seats. Thank you, and please enjoy your flight on Fox Airlines."
Well-put.
Perfect analogy.
wait a minute! last week I heard he said he was a rodeo clown, (sorry rodeo clowns) now he's a flight attendant?
He IS a flight attendant dressed as a rodeo clown... my apologies to legitimate rodeo clowns & flight attendants.
BTW, why doesn't he refer to himself as a journalist??? (that was rhetorical.)
Beck shouted "Fire" so Poplawski did.
Mr. Beck - OWN YOUR SHIT!!!! Otherwise, you are just a continuation of the alcoholic/substance abuser you were (also known as a dry drunk) who manipulates those around him.
You judged and name-called (Dirtbag 1 and Dirtbag 2) those two man-boys who killed that veteran's dog, questioning where they EVER got the idea that it was o.k. to shoot an animal... simultaneously claiming your innocence as it relates to the PA shooter does not float with most individuals who know what you've been doing on your show every day.
You need to own this - please re-read the 12 Steps to Serenity, particularly paying attention to Steps 4, 5, 8, 9 and 10.
Beck's more of a flight attendant who's trying to convince the passengers the flight's been hijacked by the plane's rightful pilot. Which actually makes him a hijacker.
That's a very good analogy! :)
That about sums it up. Good point.
You nailed it right on the head.
nice analysis.
Nicely done, Juno Mary M. You used his own metaphor against him like a martial arts master, turning a lie into the truth.
Beck's fans - A telephone interview of a Texas gun store owner on NPR's 'All Things Considered'. Scary.
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=102851807
People have their backs to the wall in a way that we haven't seen for generations, and now you have commentators that these people look up to telling them that we're heading toward totalitarian rule and that they need to arm themselves.
People's mindsets change when they lose their jobs, lose their families, undergo hardships that they're not prepared for.
Formally rational people can lose their perspective and do things they never would have thought possible. They don't need to be shoved over the edge by this type of rhetoric.
I predict Beck will have a total meltdown any day now and will be spending some time in a rehab/mental institution. Any therapist worth his/her salt can see this man is very unstable and requires treatment.
If he does get charged with incitement or disinformation he will plead insanity, I betcha, because that is what he is. Insane.
Another analogy: if Glenn Beck were a flight attendant, he would say "You shouldn't let any airline tell you you have to fasten your seatbelt, the founding fathers didn't do it. Oh and this is the emergency hatch, I'm not going to say you shouldn't open it during flight, because it's a free country. but I wouldn't be surprised if there's not at least one crazy nut on this plane who's going to open that hatch. Have a nice flight"
And then when someone actually opens the hatch door, Beck says "Its not my fault, I'm just a flight attendant"
Well said!
I'm for freedom of speech. But this guy and most of the other blaggarts on that channel are a public menace. Beck the UN-BOLD is nothing more than a glorified rabble rouser at the beck and call of right wing corporate interests. He's a mine-layer, a disposable lackey of the Bush era, a modern version of the sorts of psychopaths who turned Paris into a bloodbath during La Terreur.
They do as they say, and do as they do.
It happened in Pittsburgh when an aspiring neo-Nazi who (apparently) watched too many Glenn Beck newscasts murdered three police officers. It happened last July when a gunman acted out his hatred of liberals by opening fire in a Unitarian church and using its congregation for target practice.
Anyone possessing basic math skills can put two and two together and find there is clearly a direct correlation between the inflammatory, increasingly shrill and paranoiac rhetoric by the likes of Beck, Limbaugh and their likes and the willingness of others to act on what they say.
Trust me, there will come a time when those "boob-tube-boobs" will be called to account.
Beck has gone beyond being entertainment and into the realm of the incendiary. I know the Supreme Court of my youth wouldn't mind allowing the justice system to put him away for "shouting fire in a crowded theater". That's what he's doing. Murdock is allowing it. It's incendiary rabble rousing at best. Stoking a potential firestorm at worst.
Anything really violent comes of his and Rush's encitement to rebellion and maybe they should both be locked up. Where's J. Edgar Hoover when we need him.
The only cure for the Becks and the Limbaughs is for us to stop listening to them. If there is no profit, there is no incentive to pay them. Unfortunately, I don't think that's going to happen. Beck will continue to strive for more and more thoughtless irresponsibility and Rupert Murdock will continue to write the checks.
I am intrigued by both Beck's invocation of "Nazis" and his photoshopping of Obama and company to look like inhuman, grotesque beasts.
I seem to recall WWII-era posters, showing a particular type of people, caricatured as grotesque and inhuman and therefore despicable. The posters were created BY the Nazis. The grotesque people were known as "Jews".
The cretin who shot up that church and killed all those innocent people, had stated very specifically that he had wished to kill "all the liberals in Bernard Goldberg's book" (about the 100 liberal people who, in Goldberg's personal opinion, had "screwed-up America").
It is a testament to the priorities of the mainstream media and their corporate owners and their DC brahmin cronies, that this little fact was made almost nonexistent, in favor of Breaking News about Michelle Obama's wearing sleeveless dresses and improperly touching the Queen and planting a frickin' garden.
The two are absolutely interwoven. As long as planted Stupid Stories dominate the media real estate, people like us will never get to hear that mass murderers are on record as taking their marching orders directly from these fire-breathing right wing media gasbags (unless we have the initiative to go looking for these stories ourselves or stick with doc's blog).
Call me wacky, but I should think blaming your mass murder spree, BY NAME, on Bernard Goldberg... is somewhat newsworthy, ya think? [crickets].
These Fox bobble heads should be fired. It's obvious that within the context of their speech that they are fueling the fire leading to violence.
I mean, they're doing exactly what the leaders of groups such as the Aryan Brotherhood do - they give people the political reasons to commit violent acts, the right amount of toxic anger, and point to the guns while, all while they have their hands casually in their own pockets.
I'm not against free speech, but this is dangerous. And this danger isn't as far away as Afghanistan.
What they really need is to get sued back to the stone age by the families of recent shooting spree victims.
The bottom line will get them off the airwaves faster and more permanently than any kind of boycott or FCC doctrine ever will.
Before the repeal of the Fairness Doctrine in the late 80's, none of this occurred. The rules said that opinions on one side must be presented by opinions on the other. There were stricter constraints on what could be said on the public airwaves (owned by the public). We need to bring back the Fairness Doctrine to stop all this hurtful, dangerous rhetoric from being sold as newsworthy !
The Fairness Doctrine had to go, in order to clear the way for the new Father Coughlins of the world (Rush, etc.).
This was a premeditated, well-funded and organized assault on the free flow of information, by Movement Conservatives.
They will deny it.
They are lying.
Problem is, there is now such an established business structure in right wing propaganda, that you can't put the genie back in the bottle anymore, re Fairness Doctrine. It's like trying to criminalize smoking... it kills people, but tough shit.
At the heart of the tragedy that is the MSM today is the total collapse of the line between the journalist and the commentator. I actually know people (on the right) who are flabbergasted that someone like Ann Coulter would not be cited in a serious study as would someone like David Brooks. They consider all of it to be "news" and believe every word, even if it contradicts something said by another commentator. Facts don't seem to enter in at all. I don't know if it is all entertainment to them or if it is just a case of intellectual laziness....or both.
We need serious media reform in this country. To the extent the media creates false issues, either for ratings or for partisan political purposes, it is doing the country a disservice by denying the public access to vital information to make decisions on issues that actually affect their lives.
Here is Glenn Beck in a nutshell. Haha NUTshell
From the May 17 broadcast of The Glenn Beck Program:
BECK: Hang on, let me just tell you what I'm thinking. I'm thinking about killing Michael Moore, and I'm wondering if I could kill him myself, or if I would need to hire somebody to do it. No, I think I could. I think he could be looking me in the eye, you know, and I could just be choking the life out -- is this wrong? I stopped wearing my What Would Jesus -- band -- Do, and I've lost all sense of right and wrong now. I used to be able to say, "Yeah, I'd kill Michael Moore," and then I'd see the little band: What Would Jesus Do? And then I'd realize, "Oh, you wouldn't kill Michael Moore. Or at least you wouldn't choke him to death." And you know, well, I'm not sure.
http://mediamatters.org/items/200505180008
Beck ought to take responsibility for some of their more incendiary remarks -- remarks which appear to be ginning up the darker, uglier, fanatical tendencies in an already militaristic, jingoistic, reactionary audience.
The problem with FOX is that its viewers don't realize that what they are hearing is crazy talk.
Their viewers think they are hearing actual news and that the FOX network has information the other MSM aren't covering because of some vast conspiracy.... aka talking points...the "liberal" media.
I know people who watch and believe. These are not crazy people. They are just FOX viewers.
For years, FOX was a reputable news organization. Then, Murdoch made the purchase principally to consolidate his power and message.
The change in programming didn't happen immediately, so for most casual viewers they didn't notice when it happened.
Murdoch makes no apologies for promoting his agenda.
During a panel discussion of the media and aired by C-Span, he answered the charge of FOX's bias with "Well, I think if I own it I should be able to do with it what I want."
I don't mind civilized discourse with equal expertise on both sides of an issue, although equal expertise is getting rare on other networks, too.
But what FOX is doing by promoting its lies and conspiratorial stories is dangerous to our democracy.
This is a wonderfully lucid explanation of the situation with Fox. I also know people who are actually functional on their jobs and apparently sane, and who nevertheless also take the "news" they hear on Fox for gospel. It's soo frustrating...and baffling. I don't think that you're exaggerating the danger they present either.
I agree. It has moved into dangerous territory. I know people personally who believe this crap.
They are not conspiracy nuts. At least they haven't been. But, this network has put them over the edge.
I've never seen anything like it and it worries me because, while I feel the people I know are not dangerous, there are those in society who don't lead balanced lives. Those are the ones that should worry all of us.
These Fox people are feeding rhetoric to an audience that, by and large, still believes that President Obama is a Muslim!
They don't think.
They accept what they're told blindly, and take Beck's/Limbaugh's/Hannity's/Coulter's/etc., words literally.
That's DANGEROUS.
Beck's exhortation that his viewers believe anything "even if it's wrong" indicates that he and those who agree with him are clinging to an ideology that actually has no basis in reality, and that they don't care whether they are helping or hurting society.
The world is far too complex and variegated to be understood by viewing it through a lens of rigid dogma. We all need to be more reflective and accepting that much of life (especially politics & religion) is by nature subjective, and that the only rational way to deal with this is to admit the essentially ambiguous and uncertain state of our existence.
Beck is an example of someone who's going insane because the world doesn't fit his very narrow and self-centered views. His craziness is a reminder to the rest of us to stay sane by dealing with the real problems before us without losing our cool or crying crocodile tears.
Hear hear!
Beck looks like a guy that got beat up a lot in High School.
glenn beck, aided by his crack team of researchers
manages to purvey an endless line of twaddle and twisted goofery
for a large audience of fools and mental midgets
or the many institutionalized convalescents
who don't have access to the remote
who don't have access to the remote...
or a book!!!!
oh they are cracked alright. lol
Post a Comment