
Governor Sarah Palin of Alaska has reached out to President-elect Obama's transition team to indicate her interest in being named "ambassador to the nation of Africa," the governor confirmed today.
Gov. Palin said that although she had planned to continue in her position in Juneau, she was willing to leave the governorship "because Africa is just such a darned important country."
"I have always been very, very interested in the nation of Africa, partly because of it being located where it is," she said. "If you are standing in Africa and you look real close, you can see South Africa."
She added that she had received phone calls encouraging her to vie for the post, including one from French president Nicholas Sarkozy.
In other news from the Palin family, Bristol Palin's fiancé Levi Johnston said he was "totally stoked" about Tuesday night's election returns, calling the results "definitely a game-changer for me."
"The election of Barack Obama means different things to different people," he said. "To me, it means freedom, dude!"
In this FOX News video we learn that:
1) Palin did NOT know Africa was a continent.
2) She did NOT know who the parties to NAFTA were. [Hint: U.S., Canada, Mexico - North American Free Trade Agreement]
3) She threw dramatic temper tantrums over bad press.
4) She refused to prepare for the Gibson or Couric interviews.

51 comments:
Her complete lack of knowledge is frightening- I am so grateful that their ticket lost. We would be a lost cause
What was McCain thinking? And for people to even suggest her as a possibility in 2012- please give me a break
When your enemy is making a mistake, don't interrupt them.
Palin 2012!
hee hee
I'd like to see her become the Republican candidate in 2012, and I think it could happen.
And when and if it does, President Obama will demonstrate once again what a landslide looks like.
She would never get past the primaries because, as we can see by the Fox video, the Republicans eat their own.
If you've been following Dr. B's blog, he had her figured out from the beginning. What happened with the 57 million people who supported the McCain-Palin ticket? I haven't seen signs on their lawns since I got up on Wed. America dodged a bullet. A McCain/Palin presidency would have ended this great country of ours.
I just asked my girls, 12 and 14, if they knew what "Africa" was and they each quickly replied "a continent". Thank god our schools seem to be working.
Maybe Palin was home schooled? Did she graduate high school? I seem to recall reading that she floundered around various colleges.
Yes, our schools that the republicans were trying hard to privatize.....
Remember Dr. B's Letter From God to Sarah Palin?
You know I actually believe that GOD was looking out for us, after watching this disturbing but at the same time hilarios video. Imagine how close we were to having a complete idiotic, moronic, incompetent bimbo so close to RED BUTTON. She actually makes G. W. Bush seem smart.
Hey, now...that's going too far.
Sadly, no.
The GREAT thing about Sarah Palin is that she EXPOSED, for the world to see, how stupid the right is. I mean, most of us knew it already, but she did a great service to the nation is revealing the ignorance and racism of these people.
This video shows Fox starting to make excuses for the shameful campaign.............NOW they try to be 'fair and balanced'. Gag me...
Though I am a partisan, a progressive, a liberal, and a die-hard Obama backer, I believe I can rise above all that and cooly observe that the most vituprative and vicious and vulgar campaigner had to be Sarah Palin.
Then when I relax back into partisan mode, I have to admit I've enjoyed watching her reveal what a galloping ignoramus she was on critical issues. I took deep delight as a liberal Obama-backer reading revelations about Troopergate, her misappropriation of Alaskan state monies for family vacations, and other tales of her twisted past.
On the other hand, to those who keep saying it will be good for the Democrats, progressives, and liberals if she lingers and continues to play on the national stage, I urge caution. Be careful what you wish for.
She is powerful. She energizes a too-large loopy fringe and gives them courage. While they may never be fully accepted into the mainstream, while she may not be able to be elected to any national office -- she may help keep dragging the pendulum back toward the right. Even if she and her most die-hard supporters are not embraced by the GOP - which they may or may not be - simply marking out where the "fringe" is will have an effect on where the "center" is...
I think she may be more dangerous than her total unfitness for office may lead some to believe...
This woman's ignorance continues to astound me, her parents were SCHOOLTEACHERS for heaven's sake, how the heck did she manage to get through intermediate school, much less high school and college, with such incredible IGNORANCE?
But much as it would amuse me to see her run in 2012 and get trounced, for the sake of the country, rather than my own political partisan interests, I hope that Republican political operatives continue to disclose all this stuff, she shouldn't be allowed near enough to the White House or Congress to take a paid tour, much less anything more.
Great investigative reporting, Carl. And you couldn't have found this out before the election why exactly?Oh, right. I forgot. You're on Fox.
The fact that they are reporting this now, shows where the battle lines are being drawn within the GOP.
Actually, I believe that Newsweek followed both campaigns and has created an in-depth look at each - with the understanding and agreement that no information would be released until after the election. I assume FOX is rippng off some of this info.
Could you IMAGINE if McCain had won and then all this information about her poured out?
Oy, my stomach hurts just thinking about it.
They should have taken more time and really thorougly vetted her before putting her on the ticket.
I think that was the fault of the entire GOP. You just don't pick a candidate with so little intelligence, even less than Bush.
They were betting on the voters with little intelligence. Scary part is it almost worked.
It worked on almost half the country, but like Dr. B. said a while back, half the people are below average in intelligence (remember that 2004 election IQ chart?).
What's scary to me is thinking that republican voters will go on thinking Palin's freaking great.
They all watch FOX news, so if FOX keeps on exposing Palin for the extremist airhead she is, maybe they'll come around. (Speaking of airhead, that 'whoooossshhh' pic of Palin was priceless! Way to go, doc)
You think they'll come around? I don't know...They really are proud of their ignorance.
Isn't she home schooling her kids?
Oh My GOD!!!!!
Yeah, they're learning all about the country of africa and how jesus rode on dinosaurs. Future president material.
How could she be expected to know that? You can't see Africa from Alaska!
And how can anyone with a straight face say that Palin was any worse/different than McCain who also had geography issues (do we know if he has figured out who is fighting who and which tribes in the middle east are on our side or not?) He graduated 5th from the bottom of his class. McCain/Palin, a matched set.
Dubya made the same mistake.
Right! In 2001 at a press conference in Spain Bush was asked about US aid to Africa. He prefaced his reply with, "Africa is a big country...". I can't remember what followed because I was so shocked and embarrassed for our country. What's the deal with these neocon fundamentalists?
what does it take to get a journalism degree in the US? Do they just put a mirror up to your mouth, and if it fogs up, they give you one?
you betcha!
she will probably be offered a job on Fox News
Her degree is in Communications (cobbled together somehow from 6 colleges), which has requirements in studio and remote camera operation, video mixing, direction, production and a minimum of courses in journalism (just enough to read the teleprompter).
Somewhere along the campaign train it became a journalism degree, which has much more content in the areas of law, ethics, English, news writing, etc.
It diminishes the training of true journalists by attributing this degree to her. It's obvious she has no such training.
Now, even the FOX News audience knows what the rest of us suspected all along!
FAKE BULLETIN
FOX NEWS AUDIENCE AGREES WITH PALIN ON AFRICA
LOL!!!!
ah c'mon..think about who the Fox audience is. Now--do you think it really matters to them?
But the scary part is that Fox knew all along and chose to ignore it in order to push their usual Republican agenda, to the detriment of the country.
I think John McCain could have chosen Forrest Gump and Fox News would have said how qualified the McCain/Gump ticket was.
The New York Times magazine last week or so covered the making and remaking if John McCain.
The article stated that while McCain was thinking Lieberman, two of his senior staff - I believe Schmitt and Salter - were getting in touch with Palin and developing the absurd narrative of the "team of mavericks." They saw what they thought were many positives.
They very secretly flew her down to Sedona, not telling anyone (but a few staffers who would help with logistics and of course the McCains) that they were thinking Palin, and that McCain would interview her.
It took about one hour, seriously, and then he and Cindy chatted, and quickly offered Palin the VP spot. I believe she went with McCain to Ohio the next day, where she was "unveiled." There was clearly a minimal amount of vetting.
My guess is they assumed she was more intelligent than she has proven to be on the national stage, and that she could, like a savvy politician, easily steer conversations in interviews to the issues she supposedly knew well as both a mother and governor of Alaska: energy, fiscal reform, and special needs children.
Later to their horror, they found she was actually pretty ignorant; her ambition, passion, attractiveness, and folksiness hid the great gaps in her knowledge of national and international issues.
Wasilla surely is no Cicely (the fictional and progressive Alaska town in the series Northern Exposure). I agree that McCain's procrastination and haste - HE HAD MONTHS!!! - in picking Palin with so little vetting was reckless and completely unacceptable.
Thats it, we are pulling the kids out of Wasilla boarding school
Be sure to bill them for the cult deprogramming and for the remedial tutors.
When I watched McCain's concession speech I remembered why I used to like him. Somewhere in his campaign the crazies took over, and his campaign became an out of control hate fest.
Palin's hate-stirring lies probably weren't lies in her mind, a mind that believes Africa is a country, where Obama the arab terrorist is from.
Her appeal was mostly to the people who think like Joe the Plumber. There are lots of them out there, clinging to their guns, ignorance and hatred, as Barack once said (he clearly wasn't wrong).
I wish they would all follow her back up to Alaska and secede.
Britney Spears would have been a better choice than Palin
Yeah, she wouldn't have spent as much money on clothes, especially underwear!
Palin tried out to be a contestant on "Are You Smarter than a 5th Grader?" but failed the audition.
Palin thinks the alphabet has 22 letters. Shethinks the capital of China is Chinatown. She thinks billboards are postcards from giants. Palin is so dumb, she thinks soy milk is Spanish for 'I am milk.'
According to expense reports, Sarah Palin charged the state of Alaska over $21,000 for her children to travel with her on official business. In fairness to Gov. Palin, when she leaves them home alone they get pregnant.
A farmer in Ohio has carved a corn maze in his field in the likeness of Sarah Palin. The way it works? You you enter and suddenly realize you're way over your head.
"I like that Sarah Palin. She looks like the weekend anchor on Channel 9. She looks like the hygienist who makes you feel guilty about not flossing. She looks like the relieved mom in a Tide commercial." --David Letterman
"I kind of like that Sarah Palin. You know, she reminds me, she looks like the flight attendant who won't give you a second can of Pepsi. No, you've had enough. We're landing. Looks like the waitress at the coffee shop who draws a little smiley face on your check. Have a nice day." --David Letterman
"I like that Sarah Palin. She looks like the lady in the dental office who gives you the keys to the rest room. 'There you are. Just bring them right back.' She looks like my selection of the week on E-Harmony.com. Sarah Palin is a good-looking woman. She looks like the woman in the department store who tries to spray you with perfume. 'Just a little.'" --David Letterman
"I like Sarah Palin. She looks like the dip sample lady at Safeway. She looks like the nurse who weighs you and then makes you sit alone in your underwear for 20 minutes. She looks like the Olive Garden hostess who says, 'I'm sorry, your table isn't ready yet." She looks like infomercial lady who says she made $64,000 a month flipping condos." --David Letterman
"Do you like Sarah Palin? Do you kind of like her? Yeah. I like her because she looks like the lady at the bakery who yells out '44! 45!' She looks like a real estate agent whose picture you see on the bus stop bench. That's who she looks like. She looks like the lady who has a chain of cupcake stores. She looks like the mayor of a small town that's banned dancing." --David Letterman
OK, enough Palin jokes...she's a joke all by herself.
Are ya proud repubs ? Seriously, what do y'all have against book learnin' ?
It turns them into Democrats, that's what....
Now that I don't have to worry about her being the VP I can truly enjoy what an idiot she is.
Post a Comment