WELCOME TO DR. B.'S WORLD

This new white format allows me to post complete pics (the other Blogger formats cut them off, practically in half). Pretend you're reading your newspaper or something.

Dates separate each post, barely, so look for the dates on the left. Print is large & readable. Comment section is unchanged. My Profile info was at the bottom, but I moved it back to the top. Deal with it.

[Disclaimer: Pursuant to the UCC (Uniform Comedy Code), all depictions of events and persons on this site are more real than reality itself, and therefore any resemblance to reality is not really real.]

Unbalanced. Unfair. I report. I decide.

ABANDON HOPE ALL YE WHO ENTER HERE. If you have already abandoned hope, please disregard this notice. In this blog, you'll be exposed to the way I see things. Lots of things. Stuff I think of. Things that happen. Random weirdness. Occasional seriousness. My life. My world. My universe. My reality. By reading this, you have given me brief control of your mind....

Dr. B.

Dr. B.

About Me

My photo
You damn kids get off my lawn.

Monday, November 3, 2008

HERE'S YOUR REAL AMERICA, GOV. PALIN: REDNECKS FOR OBAMA! IF THIS DOESN'T INSPIRE YOU TO VOTE TOMORROW, I DON'T KNOW WHAT WILL,



1) Tattooed Redneck Jason Hill, known as 'Cupcake' to his friends, supports Obama and gives out Obama stickers to anyone who wants one. You will be impressed.

He spoke to the BBC's Matthew Price about his support for the Democrat, and why some of his friends will not vote for a black man.

2) 'Rednecks for Obama' rally in Springfield, Missouri draws an estimated 30,000 - 40,000 "McCain/Palin strategists who have tried to scare small town and rural voters that Obama is a terrorist and a socialist should have been in Springfield last night - they would have seen firsthand that their fear mongering has not worked."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/susie-hoeller/rednecks-for-obama-rally_b_140159.html





38 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. I admire this guy's spirit. I mean, he seems so upbeat and optimistic. Redneck or no, this is exactly the kind of person the Obama campaign needs out there spreading the word (and bumper stickers).

Anonymous said...

Me too - he's taking democracy seriously and done his own research to weigh up the issues for himself.

If you personally harbored any prejudicial stereotypes of southern rednecks, Cupcake's example should open your mind once and for all.

Anonymous said...

Please oh please let me hear Obama say "And to Cupcake the redneck.." in his victory speech.

Anonymous said...

I think "Southerner" would be a bit more appropriate? No? Dr. B. keeps blowing my mind (in a good way)

Anonymous said...

The two are synonymous down here. "Redneck" is not innately derogatory. But hell yeah, good for him. I've met a few rednecks like him, and it's always a "yay diversity" moment.

Anonymous said...

Actually, the etymology of "redneck is pretty interesting!

"and many [Presbyterians] in the movement began wearing red pieces of cloth around their neck to signify their position to the public. They were referred to as rednecks."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redneck

The more ya know!

Anonymous said...

I know a couple of "Obama Rednecks" like this guy.

PS. According to Garrison Kiellor, The term "redneck" originated to describe the supporters of the original Progressive Party, around 110 years ago. The original premise of the party was to support the small, working farmers of America, i.e., people with red necks.

The original rednecks promoted a social program similar to Obama's, including the progressive income tax, etc.,

Anonymous said...

Done his own research? As in MSNBC instead of Fox News?

There's hope for America yet.

Anonymous said...

This video made my day. Thanks, Doc. We need more people like "Cupcake".

Anonymous said...

I agree. God bless that redneck.

And the turnout for that rally shows there's plenty more who want Obama.

Vote tomorrow, if you haven't already, and whatever the weather, however long the lines, don't go home until you've voted.

Anonymous said...

I think one of the main points of this campaign has been to break down stereotypes and actually unite Americans of all backgrounds, which is why this video is really powerful. I love how the guy has actually researched the positions instead of blindly voting.

Anonymous said...

I like the fact that he reads.

Anonymous said...

And on the internet, nonetheless.

Anonymous said...

Maybe he's reading this right now.

Anonymous said...

Ohh. Hello cupcake :)

Anonymous said...

One thing I have to say is that I have been impressed in this election by how many people, like Cupcake here, actually get it.

Maybe the internet just makes it more easy to see these people, maybe they've always been there. But they haven't been voting, or at least not enough of them have. And I don't necessarily blame them -- for decades there has been next to nothing to get excited about in terms of options from the two main parties. It's great to see that people like Cupcake haven't become completely cynical and given up.

If the Obama campaign teaches the Democrats anything, it should be that if you give people something to get excited about, a lot of them will.

Anonymous said...

this man speaks his mind n has done his homework, we need more people like him! go CUPCAKE!

Anonymous said...

That's the best thing I have seen all week.

Anonymous said...

Looks like Cupcake taught me to correct some of my own prejudices regarding "rednecks." God bless that man.

Anonymous said...

My respect for him doesn't come from his pro-Obama message. While that is something I encourage, it's an easy message to propagate when those around you already agree. Rather, I respect him for holding his ground and thinking for himself in a town where the majority are likely against him.

Anonymous said...

If all rednecks had the same attitude as this guy, Bush would have never been in power for eight years.

Anonymous said...

BBC News...Not a coincidence.

All mainstream media in America's owned by republican corporations.

Anonymous said...

Every time I think I have people figured out, someone comes along and proves me wrong. He just erased about a thousand misconceptions of "red necks," if you want to call them that, for me. More power to him!

Anonymous said...

Unsurprisingly, he is more articulate than Sarah Palin.

Anonymous said...

I am truly inspired by this man, and not just because my moniker is CupcakeQueen. It gives me hope that people will look beyond race and do the right thing on election day.

Anonymous said...

I applaud his dedication and willingness to look beyond slogans and shinny ads and actually look at the candidate's platforms and policies.

That 'Redneck' has shown more thought, insight and wisdom than most Republican Senators have lately.

Anonymous said...

VOTE, VOTE, VOTE! PLEASE!

OBAMA/BIDEN 2008

Anonymous said...

i finally checked out the rednecks4obama website! really great! it is so heartening to see people coming together...and obama has been the vehicle for this...let's just keep it up! obama/biden 08.

Anonymous said...

A poor man voting for a Republican is like a chicken voting for Colonel Sanders.

Anonymous said...

There's a line from a Stephen King book: 'Country don't mean dumb.' You'd have to be dumb not to see that Obama is the right choice. I'm proud to be a Redneck for Obama.

Anonymous said...

We need to build the economy from the bottom up, none of this trickle down business. Just because you're white and southern don't mean you have to vote Republican.

Anonymous said...

I don't care if you're a redneck, african american, asian american, hispanic, whatever...just stop voting for republicans!!!!! How many times do you have to get hit over the head before you figure out who's hitting you?

Anonymous said...

I am from St. Louis, and attended the 100,000+ rally here under the Arch. I made a quick trip down to Springfield to attend the Springfield rally (Dr. B. posted a link) with my in-laws.

When I was standing in line waiting to get into the rally the news spread that the line to get in reached all the way past Bass Pro Shops (a distance of several miles).

How ironic: that is where Sarah Palin had her rally earlier in the week. In that rally, there were 6,000 (as compared to the 35,000-40,000 at the Obama rally). And 4,000 of those 6,000 were school children bussed in from other areas (true because my in-laws' child was on one of those buses)! Pathetic.

I hope the low numbers coming to republican rallies correspond to low numbers of votes for McCain/Palin tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

From your laptop to God's ear.

Anonymous said...

As a self proclaimed redneck, I have had a very, very hard time here in rural Arkansas as a devoted (although late to the game supporter in that I had my eye teeth set on Hillary being the next president for the longest) Obama supporter. I have never heard such vile, rabid, racist hatred in my life...nearly all of it preceeded by, "I'm a Christian but....(insert racist slur here)" and then they will go on to invite me to their church for Sunday school/revivial/hear their new preacher, etc. Needless to say, after all the hatred hurled toward me for being an "Obama/terrorist/Socialist/Elitist/anti-Christ supporter", I was overcome with emotion when I placed my vote early last Thursday. I had tears in my eyes as I marked my ballot for Obama/Biden. I was relieved that I lived in a land where I had the right to vote for my candidate of choice. My choice not because he is black, yellow, green, red or white...but because it is my opinion that he truly is the best person for the job.

Anonymous said...

You can call yourself a redneck but I will call you a thoughtful person with a conscience.

Anonymous said...

Go Rednecks For That One!

Anonymous said...

Me too - he's taking democracy seriously and done his own research to weigh up the issues for himself.

If you personally harbored any prejudicial stereotypes of southern rednecks, Cupcake's example should open your mind once and for all.

Blog Archive