WELCOME TO DR. B.'S WORLD

This new white format allows me to post complete pics (the other Blogger formats cut them off, practically in half). Pretend you're reading your newspaper or something.

Dates separate each post, barely, so look for the dates on the left. Print is large & readable. Comment section is unchanged. My Profile info was at the bottom, but I moved it back to the top. Deal with it.

[Disclaimer: Pursuant to the UCC (Uniform Comedy Code), all depictions of events and persons on this site are more real than reality itself, and therefore any resemblance to reality is not really real.]

Unbalanced. Unfair. I report. I decide.

ABANDON HOPE ALL YE WHO ENTER HERE. If you have already abandoned hope, please disregard this notice. In this blog, you'll be exposed to the way I see things. Lots of things. Stuff I think of. Things that happen. Random weirdness. Occasional seriousness. My life. My world. My universe. My reality. By reading this, you have given me brief control of your mind....

Dr. B.

Dr. B.

About Me

My photo
You damn kids get off my lawn.

Sunday, November 2, 2008

A LETTER TO SARAH PALIN FROM GOD



NOTE: The following words occurred to me, seemingly out of nowhere, in the innermost recesses of the mind of my brain. I can only conclude that they came from God (ably assisted by His brilliant angel , my wife 'Buffy'). I present them, therefore, not as a "blogger" but as a medium, a messenger transmitting the divine text and converting it, as best I can, from a mode of pure thought into the publicly-accessible form of the written word.

- Dr. B. -


Dear Sarah Palin:

I would ask, "How are you, child?" but for two things. One, who knows better than I, Who Am That I Am, how you are? And two, my purpose in communicating with you here is not to ask how you are, but to tell you how you are.

You are a disappointment to Me, Sarah.

You seem to think, as do many of your co-religionists, that what you profess to believe -- and, indeed, what you may actually in fact believe -- is more important than what you do. You seem to be under the impression that advertising an ardent belief in Me (or Us, if you prefer) absolves you of any responsibility to act in accordance with what you know -- or, at least, what you should know -- constitute My values and precepts.

The list of your transgressions is extensive, and includes:

- That, while you know full well My admonition to Love Thy Neighbor, you spread calumny and derision about half of the population, presuming to declare who is and who is not "the real America."

- That, while you are fully aware of My Commandment forbidding you to bear false witness, you utter lies and deceptions on a routine basis, verily, you seem unable to speak publicly without lying. You have lied about opposing the Bridge to Nowhere; you have lied about firing the librarian and police chief of Wasilla; you have lied about your previous statements regarding climate change; you have lied about Alaska's contribution to your nation's oil and gas production; you have lied about Barack Obama's position regarding habeas corpus; you have lied about your use of a TelePrompter at the Republican convention; and in manifold other ways have you lied, and lied, and lied.

- That, while you are entirely acquainted with My intention to bestow upon Man dominion over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth, yet you play fast and loose and get cute with, and otherwise wink at, the danger posed to all living creatures (including Man) by climate change; and you profess to be unsure as to whether these perils are caused by Man, while all reputable study affirms this analysis beyond dispute.

- That, while you are surely acquainted with My Son's admonition that you "beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye," yet you persist in criticizing Obama's (modest, progressive) taxation plans as constituting "socialism," and abjure it as an evil, whilst never acknowledging that your own Republican Party put in place laws that have resulted in the most egregiously "socialistic" takeover of the nation's banks in history; moreover, your own state of Alaska--particularly under your administration--is the most socialist of all the fifty states, in its collective taxing of the oil industry and its distribution, to every man, woman, and child in the state, a check upwards of three (3) grand each year.

- That, while you proudly profess to believe in "freedom," you have lately complained that if newspapers criticize you for "negative campaigning," they are abridging your First Amendment rights under the Constitution--as though "freedom" means only your ability to say anything that enters in unto your head (regardless of how baseless or slanderous) but does not apply to the press.

Of the sheer stupidity of this last assertion I, Who Am Eternal, shall say nothing, for I love all my creations, regardless of how ignorant, unsophisticated, or just plain dumb. Similarly, I will pass over your inability to answer the simplest question in a coherent sentence, your meanness of spirit, and the great selfishness and want of taste you display in subjecting your poor children to the travails, exhaustion, and abuse of a national presidential campaign.

Rather, Sarah, it is your hypocrisy and mendaciousness that mightily offend Me. I am, as you know, a just and compassionate God. But even I (blessed be Me and blessed be My Name) have a limit to My patience. Thus, I find not only that you are unqualified to be Vice-President of the United States. I find that you are a human person deficient in those basic qualities (honesty, decency, compassion, modesty, personal integrity, a respect for knowledge, and a concern for truth) that are pleasing unto Me and which ought to constitute the character of the righteous woman.

You are not just a bad candidate. You are a bad person. I only hope you will awaken to this fact, acknowledge the error of your ways, and take steps to atone for these transgressions before the Day of Judgment, when I shall be forced to render a decision concerning your eternal fate.

Yours in Me, etc.,
God

cc. Jesus Christ



.

52 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, verily. Thou hath taken the Words forthright out of My mouth.

Anonymous said...

can I get an "Amen"?

Anonymous said...

Hallejujah!

Anonymous said...

Amen..............

Anonymous said...

Memo to God:

From: Her Royal Highness Sarah Palin

Lies about Democratic candidates are not lies.

Lies about anyone who questions me in any way, shape or form are not lies.

As a matter of fact anything I do or say is beyond reproach.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like God has a future as a junior high guidance counselor.

Anonymous said...

"C C: Jesus" LMAO Nice touch

But yes, the sad thing about a lot of these Christian politicians (Liddy, Dole), and Palin in particular, is how often they fail to act like Christ. Palin's ability to lie is frightening. Could somebody get Palin a WWJD bracelet.

Anonymous said...

Amen...I could have said it better. That's what makes this election so interesting. As a Christian myself, I find it ridiculous how self-professed Christians like Palin can talk the talk, but not walk the walk. What does this say about right wing leaning Christians who support her and McCain's campaign? The scripture says "you will know my people by how they treat one another." Who of the 4 candidates do you think would fit this verse? Interesting huh?

Anonymous said...

These are the "Christian" values that this administration has been promoting for the past 8 years. All talk, no Christian actions.

Anonymous said...

Palin is a fake Christian. Real Christians don't behave like her, just like you said, lied and lied and attacked. She only use Christianity to lure followers. McCain-2008 and Palin: a double fraudulent act that even McCain-2000 would NOT approve of.

Anonymous said...

The Dali Lama was asked to explain his religion.
His response was one word: Kindness.
All religious followers fail unless their words and deeds are based on kindness.

Peace

Anonymous said...

Amen!

Every since Sister Sarah has been on the scene she has been mean spirited and lied about Obama. I agree, if she was a true Christian she should not bear false witness against her brother in Christ. She is a cafeteria Christian, she picks and chooses which of God's laws to obey. She gives every Christian a bad name. I don't understand why the Christian Right are crazy for her. I guess they need to dust off their Bible.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful term - cafeteria christian.
They are only there for the wine, loaves and fishes but leave before the collection plate is passed.

Anonymous said...

"...picks and chooses..." ???

I see no evidence that she obeys any of them.

Anonymous said...

Palin will be assuming the role of God soon. She's a first class nut. I'm waiting for her to declare herself the Messiah. She's an embarrassment to the republican party and if they think that she is their hope for 2012, well ... it's a sign of the republican apocalypse. John McCain should be ashamed by his actions in his choice for a running mate and allowing the campaign to get this dirty. His desperation for the Presidency since this is his last shot clearly shows: McCain First, Country Last. The true John McCain has reared its ugly head. Remember it at the 2010 AZ senate elections and vote this pitiful man and POW who is against bringing POWs home OUT OF OFFICE.

Anonymous said...

You all bring up some wonderful points of how she wears her faith as a cloke and wields it as a smiting sword.

Lest we forget that she fornicated and got pregnant before marrying Todd. A non-Christain trait she passed on to her teenage daughter Bristol. If her own family doesn't buy into her leadership how can we?

Is she truly adhering to the role of a woman as stated in the Bible? I guess since those rules do not fit into her narcissistic plans they should be conveniently ignored.

What about the affair with Todd's former business partner? Those divorce records were conveniently sealed as soon as her candidacy was announced. Shame, shame sweet Sarah.

According to my count she has already broken 7 of the 10 Commandments. As a Christian myself all I can say is "God have mercy on her soul."

Anonymous said...

I love your article. It was quite cleverly worded. The attraction to Sarah Palin is extremely confusing. Having a child with special needs, I am completely dumbfounded by anyone in the the special needs community that is not offended by her assertions that she would be a qualified advocate for our children. I've written a blog about it.

http://hubpages.com/hub/5-Reasons-Why-Sarah-Palin-does-NOT-Represent-This-Special-Needs-Family

Anonymous said...

In Palin's defense, she does seem to have some problems with reading comprehension (e.g., belief that First Amendment prohibits press from criticising others, etc.). Perhaps the memo should include a brief explanatory note that, "Thou shall not bear false witness" means, "Lying bad."

Anonymous said...

'I am a born-again Christian and I endorse this message!' ... No, seriously, I do. It's word-perfect from beginning to end in laying out the core points of Ms Palin's violation and distortion of the basic principles ordinary Christians strive to live by every day.

Just so you know, most of us are NOTHING like her. And, yes, based on His Word, God's very likely not happy with her behavior either.

(Sigh.)

Anonymous said...

This letter could be have been addressed to all those so called God fearing Christian who are part of the Republican Party...These folks claim to have a belief in God and the teachings of Jesus Christ, but their actions say the complete opposite! They are nothing more than 'Wolves in Sheep clothing'....

Anonymous said...

"Absent in body, but present in spirit."

1 Corinthians v. 3.



"Nifty in body, but empty in head."

Palin, v. 08

Anonymous said...

Sarah Palin is an insult to the American people. We can't be fooled again. I couldn't stand her from the get-go, and was truly disappointed that a more intelligent, credible VP candidate wasn't chosen. There were many fine possibilities in the GOP. Why in the world were they overlooked? We need leaders with real dignity and class to represent our country and rebuild our international reputation. Palin is a joke.

Anonymous said...

Here's a story of a lovely lady
who said she was a hockey mom.
She declared herself a reformer
But she was really a hypocrite all along...

The Palin Bunch
The Palin Bunch

Anonymous said...

Where's a hungry lion when you need one?

Anonymous said...

The selection of Sarah Palin will have to go down in history as one of the dumbest picks ever for vice-president, Clearly she is not ready to be vice-president or president now or in the future. This woman is clueless on so many levels, The republican party should be ashamed of it's self for trying to fool the american public with such a choice! We as americans deserve better in our leaders and the McCain people will see that on Tuesday.

Anonymous said...

I think she'll go on tour after the election. She can make sweet bank giving hate speeches at mega churches. in her mind, that would be the American thing to do. Then, of course, there's punditry. She might just extend her 15 minutes into a mini-series.

Anonymous said...

Maybe she could join with Reverend Wright and they could entertain the congregations with verbal jousting. Oh, I forgot, Rev. Wright has a really high class congregation of many mixed races. Sarah would be afraid to be there.

Anonymous said...

The McCain-Palin neocon campaign, with their version of God on their side, has declared war against knowledge, intelligence, education, and curiosity.

Why?

Because ignorant, incurious, uneducated people can be manipulated into voting against their own interests.

Anonymous said...

If Obama and a Democratic Congress are successful in improving life for the middle class in America and the Republicans continue to transform themselves into the 21st century Know-Nothing Party, the Repubs are doomed to wander in the wilderness for a long, long time.

Anonymous said...

Please, someone send her back to Alaska. How can someone so ignorant still be taken seriously by some people. She has tarnished McCain's reputation to the hilt and still she rants and rants. Surely McCain must regret his choice by now, if not then he doesn't deserve to be President.

Anonymous said...

Most amazing is that this lady can go to bed at night after whole day lying about issues or generating hate thru her speeches ....& these are the folks call themselves people of god ...What a hypocrite....

Anonymous said...

Do not believe this election is about the differences of democrats and republicans.
This election is about a holy war. Sarah Palin is the Joan of Arc of the Christian Fundamantalists
She believes in the literal interpretation of the bible.
That we are at war in the Middle East because it is Gods will.
That the Christians must conquer the Middle East to overthrow Islam and install
Christianity as the one true religion.
She believes in the Rapture and furthermore that it will occur on Alaska.
Please do not be deceived by her and John McCain, she is nothing more than a front for religious zealots! As fo John McCain, he is a tired old man that is in the throes of senility.
At the last debate it was amazing that with all his wandering he did not fall off the stage!

Anonymous said...

I have noticed over and over that pro-life stances seem only to care about the life when it is IN another person. Once it is out and breathing on its own, it isn't all that important anymore. Poverty, disease, abuse, abandonment, hopeless futures and yes, being sent to a pointless war...ah, that's god's will. "Pro-life" (the movement) is hypocritical, illogical and heartless really...forcing you to have a child and then closing the door on you. "Good luck with that, bye". It ties me in knots, it really does.

Anonymous said...

The Founding Fathers wanted to keep Church and State from corrupting each other. Does anyone think that great intellectual Sarah Palin knows why The Founding Fathers separated the two? Does anyone seriously think she knows what the Constitution, The Bill of Rights (other than the right to bear arms), and the Declaration of Independence actually say? She has no idea. She just does what she wants to and with a wink and a smile, dismisses those who know why she shouldn't be so cavalier with one of the basic tenets of our government.

Anonymous said...

no one cares about how she worships or what she believes, but how typical for an ethically challenged politician like her, to let taxpayers pay for church related activities. She's perfect for mccain. Two peas in a pod, both stealing from taxpayers, both without a conscience, hiding behind their faith to rip off the public.

Anonymous said...

I live in a mormon state, Sarah take them with you when you go back to Alaska. Tell people God speaks to you maybe they will follow you like the pied pipper.

Anonymous said...

"'When fascism comes to this country, it will be wrapped in the flag, carrying a cross."

Sinclair Lewis

Anonymous said...

Palin seems to forget that Jesus was a Community organizer who hung around with at least one former domestic terrorist (Simon the Zealot)...

but since none of her other policies and behaviors seem to reflect any familiarity with his teachings whatsoever, I'll assume that she probably didn't know it in the first place....

Anonymous said...

Good one, tsat.

Good letter from God too, Dr B. At first it seemed kind of blasphemous to me, but I trust the good doctor's perspective and sense of humor, and the more I thought about it, the more it seemed possible that God DID inspire the letter (would like to hear from Buffy on the inspiration thing?), I mean if He really wrote palin a letter, would it be any different? Probably not much.

Anonymous said...

I thought the cc: Jesus was definitely inspired. Inspired me to laugh for sure. And inspired me to see Palin for what she truly is - hardly the christian she professes to be!

Anonymous said...

She's not really a Christian so how would she know anything about Jesus? Jesus spoke about loving one's fellow man. This broad is a warmonger, at a minimum.

Anonymous said...

how can it be that too many people in this country have forgotten their history lessons learned back in grade school? Many people came here to escape religious persecusion from their mother countries.the constitution and the bill of rights specifically allow for people to believe or not believe as they choose.while sarah palin has the right to wish for a country called the united states of jesus, she does not have the right to force her beliefs on us. that is nothing but fascism. if she were truly patriotic she would know this is at the core of what it truly means to be american.

Anonymous said...

Reason number 71,953,845 why Palin is dangerous and is not fit to run this country.
Religion has no place in politics.

Anonymous said...

The more and more of this we see in our society, the closer and closer we creep towards what we will eventually become - the Shia and the Sunni of Christianity.

You can see and feel it already, in the rabid behavior of the "true believers" convinced that only the Christian Right, as represented by the Republicans, knows what God wants in this wonderful country. THEY are holy and bow to God's will - all others (read Democrats) are sinners just a step from the gates of hell - and deserve to be there, in their eyes.

Sad - and very scary for our collective futures.

Anonymous said...

Very dangerous woman, amazing how all the crazies, hate mongers and misfits go to hear her speak.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry, but John McCain and his total lack of judgement has unleashed this absolutely idiotic woman on the national scene. A racist with a capital R, she has turned this campaign into something full of violence and hate. Unreal, just plain unreal.

If a therapist would get to spend an hour with Sarah Palin, his report would probably freak us all out. She is not a mentally stable person, she has no problem telling one lie after another, she has had no problem stealing from the taxpayers of Alaska.

Each person has the right to practice the religion of their choice, but in elected office, they have no right to not seperate church and state. If she were to be elected to national office, speaking in tongues would probably be taught in our schools. Frankly, I'm surprised she hasn't done it in Alaska.

I don't think I have ever seen anyone as ignorant as her running for national office, not even W.

Anonymous said...

Here's the way of it:

She's retarded.

But she's got the gun.

You play nice with the retard and don't make any sudden movements until you can get the retard away from the gun.

I know this because I spent years on the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms' Anti-Retard Task Force.

Well, one of them anyway. There are just so many retards out there.

(No offense to the truly developmentally disabled. We all love you and give you hugs.)

Anonymous said...

to Septembermorn: all I said was I think she makes God SAD.
Dr. B. took it from there. He's really smart I tell you.
To the prolifers who wonder about my stand on prochoice I say: It's a shame we send our children to the middle east to be killed in the 200th trimester.
To Sarah Palin I say: God does know your heart. Ask for forgiveness.
Buffy

Anonymous said...

Dear World, Please do not listen to a word Sarah Palin says. Most Americans are intelligent, she is not. She doesn't have a clue what she is saying. She is just regurgitated rhetoric in completely illogical ways. I can hardly listen to her because everytime I do I feel like I have just entered the Twilight Zone!

Anonymous said...

The woman is a dangerous knowledge-free zone.

Anonymous said...

The question she keeps asking at all of the rallies is, 'Who is Barack Obama?' You know what, genius, maybe if you'd picked up a newspaper in the last year you'd know. He's the guy who's kicking your ass.

Anonymous said...

Sarah Palin charged the state of Alaska over $21,000 for her children to travel with her on official business. In fairness to Gov. Palin, when she leaves them home alone they get pregnant.

Blog Archive