

ABANDON HOPE ALL YE WHO ENTER HERE. If you have already abandoned hope, please disregard this notice. In this blog, you'll be exposed to the way I see things. Lots of things. Stuff I think of. Things that happen. Random weirdness. Occasional seriousness. My life. My world. My universe. My reality. By reading this, you have given me brief control of your mind....


72 comments:
I worry about the State of AZ without Gov Janet, esp. if Obama picks Raul Grijalva for Interior Cabinet position.
The nomination of Mrs. Clinton to the post of Secretary of State reflects very well on President-elect Obama's determination to have a strong team. Mrs. Clinton will represent him and the country well. The notion of a "team of rivals" is inaccurate in my view. Senators Obama and Clinton were, in the Democratic primary, competitors. Senator Obama won the nomination and, fortunately for the country, the presidency. The political fates of Obama and Clinton are now intertwined and that is a great prospect for the Democratic party and for the Obama administration.
come on All of us women know that men underestimate us, and that is a huge tactical advantage that catches them off guard. I think Hillary will be a deadly SOS. And she has the experience the GOP whined so much that Obama did not. Especially with Bill for some pillow or lmao across the supper table talk. She will not have all the "tombstone courage, machismo bravado" that bullies (really wimps underneath) who have been in charge and saber rattling while the world laughed have had.
Brilliant choices, Obama. All of them.
These are the best and brightest minds in America who have the experience the wherewithal and the patriotism to see us into a brighter future
Congratulations, Madam Secretary Hillary Rodham Clinton! I am losing you as my New York Senator (where you responded to my consituent concerns routinely) but the country will be gaining a first-rate Secretary of State.
Sen. Caroline Kennedy (D-NY) has a nice ring to it.
Strong people for a strong team.
Is it January yet?
Unfortunately not... although it seems like it outside....
Can't come soon enough, huh. I love it how Ob is right on top of this -- he means business.
I'm counting days
Seems like forever, doesn't it?
Congratulations to President Obama for forming a strong team of individuals. All great political minds who have the ability to get the job done. I wish this team the best of luck getting us out of this mess that Bu$h has created.
Hillary better remember who the boss is and be completely behind O and speak O's policies when she is out in the world representing the US. None of her personal strategies should show, not even a little bit.
Agreed.
I LOVE ME SOME OBAMA,THIS MAN CAN'T DO NOTHING WRONG IN MY EYES :)
Wonderful picks President Obama. January 20th cannot come soon enough.
No kidding. I even took the day off!
It'll be one big party!
Can`t wait to see Susan Rice in action as U.N. Ambassador.I`m fine with Jones and Gates.Hillary will hopefully rise to the challenge and be a good SoS.
Isn't that a great pick? Susan Rice. I love it!
In all of this back and forth about Barack Obama's picks, have we forgotten what we have done? We won the last two elections. The republicans are a minority. Bush is finally on his way out. Mccain lost. Palin is a bad memory.
Lots of folks are complaining...I'm still celebrating!
I am still celebrating as well.... although there is so much else going on that sometimes it is difficult to recapture that feeling that came on November fourth.... Hard to believe the election was less than a month ago...
And Obama's kept the focus on himself in the media every day - I can't recall any president-elect ever doing this. He's brilliant.
agreed.
america and the world now know he's the MAN, already the most powerful person-elect in the world
definitely upstaging bush & co.
we clearly made the right choice.
After Jan 20, fasten your seat belts -
we'll be taking off baby
It's a very strong team. Impressive. Now back to work. Many tough challenges ahead!!!
Whatever your opinion on Mr. Obama's cabinet, we can all be united with the same overwhelming sentiment: thank goodness Palin/McCain aren't going to be in the White House.
AMEN to that!!!!!!!
Aaaaand we're off...All righty then, Obama!
Jan 20...Jan 20...Jan 20...
Each position is being given to either a man or a woman.
Where is the CHANGE????????????
Bush has a wife and two daughters.
Obama has a wife and two daughters.
Where is the CHANGE????????????
LOL
adlib's always got something funny
He is going to live in the same house Bush did! I feel betrayed!
Arizona Gov. Janet Napolitano was going to be a strong US Senate challenger in 2010 against the old-gray-haired dude that lost the presidency from Arizona.
Perhaps the selection of our governor by our gracious and talented president-elect was a gesture of "good-will" towards McCain because now his only serious Democratic challenger has been taken away.
Terry Goddard will be the new Arizona Secretary of State I assume - and although from a pioneer Arizona family "Butterfly" who's run before for the governorship and lost badly, just doesn't excite people enough. His time as come and gone.
Good luck and Godspeed to the new incoming Obama administration. I am proud to have voted for and will continue to support "That One" even if I disagree on a particular issue - UNLESS it is way out there.
She's perfect for this job. She's the whole package. Legal qualifications, immigration experience, and she's not going to misuse all that police power.
I was always pleased when she was speaking for Democrats, or Obama. She's smart and low-key and practical. She comes off as calm.
She's rational and level headed like O. Has my vote....oh, I can't do that any more.
She was the calm in a sea of babbling maniacs for a while there.
She and Wasserman -Schultz win for "best surrogates" :)
"Perhaps the selection of our governor by our gracious and talented president-elect was a gesture of "good-will" towards McCain because now his only serious Democratic challenger has been taken away."
I think this is absolutely the case. I think his move to save Joe Lieberman was much the same. He is giving McCain the chance to save his legacy by delivering Obama 5 or 6 Republicans on key votes.
Obama said he was going to reach out to governors and state legislatures. It was an important part of my decision to support him. I suspect that respect for state process comes from being a state legislator, but it's going to be crucial to have them on board on a whole host of issues.
I saw he's moving fast to bring them in, both Parties. I'm really pleased with that.
Gov. Napolitano should be excellent at Homeland Sec. Anyone who can go after the Arizona Mormon power structure like she did can shake things up in that maze of egomaniacs.
President O's cabinet can get a lot of stuff done if they work together and put aside personal feelings like the boss.
I think that was part of the interviewing and vetting process...leave the sophomoric, back-biting behavior at the door because Obama-Biden Administration "got some serious business to take care of."
I think you're right, President O will have a serious government run by serious people.
That's something Bu$h's Cabinet hasn't done, it's been everybody for themselves the past eight years, none of them seem to seriously like Bu$h, and agree with him 90% of the time even though they know he's a p honey. At least the people Obama is surrounding himself with are people who share a passion for PE Obama's agenda and will work hard to get it done.
One of the reasons Bush failed was because his cabinet members did not respect him, most of them didn't feel like they were part of the process. There's an article in the Washington post where Pentagon personnel dissed Bush for not fully engaging the different branches. President O will bring back the since of cooperation between all branches of government and his personnel will respect him for it.
I really like Napolitano being in the administration and Susan Rice, Obama's foreign policy face, and Eric Holder as AG.
I don't mind Gates as he is not into ideology and did alot to reign in Bush and keep him from going to war with Iran. Plus, he neutered Cheney.
Don't know much about the other guy.
Hillary. Well, with Hillary is not my favorite person but, it makes the old ladies like my 75 year old mother happy. women in their 60s and 70s have a thing about Hillary so, this makes them happy and feel better. Myself, I have my doubts about Hillary but, then, I've always felt somewhat negative towards both clintons and I'm a hard core democrat.
One person on television said with her being Sec. of State, it helps bring the two wings of the party together. So be it. At least I got the president I wanted. I just hope Hillary surprises me.
I think Hillary is a feminist icon to many women over 55.
She is. You're right. And to many younger women, too. I know some of them.
This "thing" that women have with Hillary, "old women" ages 55 and up, like your grandmother, is easier to understand in the context of history of the civil rights movement of our "Generation 60". The "movement" extended to the way we raised our own children when we became parents.
This "thing" is just a huge sense of accomplishment and pride, in both Obama and in Hillary. She has worked hard on issues of human rights all of her life, being of that same generation. Much of what she has done is evident in womens' lives, mens' lives, childrens' lives. You would validate the way we raised you if you could at least give her the respect she deserves as an accomplished, talented woman who is smart and works hard to deliver.
Her new role, as is the role of those charged with economic issues, is a thorny one; there will be ups and downs, there will be much spin in the media who will take advantage of any perceived gaffes because, strange as it may seem, the men in MSM and some of the younger women in MSM, display a high intolerance for a woman like Hillary and will look for opportunities to pronounce "failure". I know this: she is fiercely loyal to those whom she serves and she will be serving a President Obama who would not have entrusted this responsibility to anyone for any other reason than that he believed she could accomplish exactly what he wanted accomplished.
Question regarding Napolitano. Will the border fence be completed?
Now Mexicans are demanding one, thanks to Bush economy.
Regardless of how you feel towards Obama's Cabinet picks, we can all be proud that change is coming to Washington. In the end, the change will come from President Obama with a fresh set of ideas and a fresh set of Washington players compared to the corrupt cronies of the past eight years.
January 20th: The end of an error.
Yes, a fresh set of Washington players, not fresh faces, they are two different things. PE Obama never associated change with being purely fresh faces, he meant change in the approach on how things in Washington are run and a change in the agenda. Say what you want about his Cabinet not being fresh faces, but PE Obama will be making the change agenda with his new ideas.
Excellent distinction. We will have a fresh approach based on excellent advice from experts who have experience that is needed.
I have read a few things on General Jones...and I like this guy. The man is very intelligent and cordial, a graduate of Georgetown University with a degree in International relations, grew up in France and is fluent in French, A Marine and platoon leader in combat in Vietnam, military aide to Sec Defense William Cohen, member of the Joint Chiefs.....and he didn't take Rummys crap. That last little tidbit is enough for me !!
These are highly intelligent people who would change their positions based on the evidence presented.
They don't cling to "ideologies".
They are like scientists in that regard.
Finally we are reaching an age of enlightenment.
Only those who treat Obama like a backward religion would have a problem with this.
To all of them: Read "The Audacity of Hope" if you want to know for whom you've voted.
Thank you, my fellow pragmatist!
I think Obama has surrounded himself with an impressive array of experts and hope he gets excellent advice as he formulates foreign policy based on the mandate he's been given.
49 days left. And counting.
I think Hill will do fine, this is her chance for her own legacy instead of
being thought of as Bill's wife. She want's to make an impact in my opinion
Exactly!
It's in her interest to do well.
I was an ardent Obama supporter until I found out he has kids! Where is the CHANGE???
LOL
I was an avid Obama supporter until he said he was getting a PUPPY of all things!
A Socialist puppy no less...
that's sucks, I don't trust him any more, he should have gotten a CAT!
Remember Woody Allen's movie, Bananas..?
When will the new decrees be announced, that our official language will be Swedish and we have to wear our underwear on the outside of our clothes..!
What are you smoking?
I want some.
Huh?
Take the tightie whities off of your head. they are squeezing ur brain.
Loved that movie
"What's the French word for straitjacket?"
jacket de straight
He's just keeping her on a short leash where he can keep an eye on her. She's a feisty one, that Hil...
Post a Comment