
Politico reports that the RNC spent an additional $30,000 on clothes and accessories for Sarah Palin and her family late in the campaign, in addition to the $150,000 previously reported. Take a look at where the money was spent:
The RNC's post-Election Day report documented another $30,000 at outlets that read like a suburban shopping directory.
Dick's Sporting Goods, The Limited, Foot Locker, Wal-Mart, Toys R Us and Victoria's Secret are all listed in between the expected payments for media buys, direct mail and polling.
Sporting goods? Toys? Lingerie? In what conceivable way could these expenses be related to the campaign? I think it's a bit excessive that Palin's traveling makeup artist got paid $68,400 for roughly three months of work, and that her hair stylist got paid more than $42,000 for about two, but at least those expenses have a bearing on how Palin looked in rallies, interviews, and other campaign-related activities. What does Victoria's Secret sell that was relevant to the campaign?

54 comments:
Well in all fairness, VS do make bras that are many times more comfortable than your average Wal-mart tit-sling.
In other news: McCAIN AND PALIN LOST THE ELECTION LAST MONTH!
She spells potato with an E?
You should see the way your parent spells web site....
Heck. That's easy. Whitehouse.org.
I wonder why!
Palin should be required to wear in public the items she purchased from Victoria Secret.
Please, I just ate.
She is hot, no denying. Once the mouth opens not so much, but that is why TVs have the mute button.
She really isn't.
There is a tendency in politics to assign the label of hotness to any ole' person who doesn't look like they descended from British royalty.
She is not a super foxy young thing anymore, but she definitely is a milf.
And bedrooms have ball-gags.
Or perhaps I have said too much.
why do people keep this shit up? dude - she's a fucking hick old lady. palin is in no way attractive. go to any 7-11 and you'll find a woman that looks like her behind the counter.
All of the 7-11's here are run by Indians.
Can you dis-ambiguate what sort of Indian? Thanks to Christopher Columbus and his excellent spanish intelligence, we have 2 completely unrelated uses of "Indian".
Indians would be from India
It is considered polite to state "dots" or "feathers" when using the word Indian so that others will know what you are talking about.
You have a really weird definition of politeness.
Don't blame the olde Spaniards for the olde English's inability to deal with accent marks.
For them Indio (from in Deu/Dio, original name... which loosely meant "people x"), was not the same as Indu' (accent over the u) as in people from Hindustan (India).
The rest is history as they say...
well to be fair he did call it the West Indies, not the East...
when was it that it became fashionable to have a lisp in spain? perhaps the english were laughing too hard to actually listen to what he said ;)
There was a 7-11 next to Wendler Jr. High in Anchorage that had a hot chick working behind the counter for a while.
Not Palin hot though. I would plow that woman's driveway.
Not quite yet.
She'll keep everything lifted, separated, bronzed, and toned until she's clearly dead in the GOP future. THEN she'll pull a trailer-trash regression.
Gunbelts and crothchless panties, the First Dude says it's all good. You guys aren't done with her yet, not by a long shot.
These stories are getting ridiculous.
The only reason the first revelations about her spending were at all relevant is that they revealed the obvious hypocrisy of her claiming to be "your average hockey mom / joe-six-pack" while wearing a $6000 Valentino top.
But I think a reasonable person could foresee that while traveling around the country in a mad frenzy with your full brood of children, you might need to pick up a few things at the local strip mall.
I am NOT defending Palin or her expenses but Victoria's Secret does sell business suits, rather reasonably priced as well:
http://www2.victoriassecret.com/collection/?cgname=OSCLOSUIZZZ&cgnbr=OSCLOSUIZZZ&rfnbr=2253
I am NOT defending Palin or her expenses, but women do wear underwear.
I had no idea that female suits could be so sexy!
Pull your pants up.
Right, except we all know that wasn't what she was buying. You don't drop that sort of cash at Neimans and then go buy a $50 polyester suit.
That and, VS clothing items are only available by catalog or online. If she was going to wear a cheap suit, they certainly wouldn't plan ahead long enough for it to be shipped to them.
I think I agree with doc's WTF. It is like this woman is delusional.
In her defense, I know others "sneak" expenses through. But WTF is she buying for $200,000.
And she lied about giving the clothes back.
when i had an expense account i slipped through cartons of smokes and bottles of booze. but i'm a programmer. we need those things to produce code.
Are you serious? I can't tell.
What does Victoria's Secret sell that was relevant to the campaign?
The woman has had 5 children... Quality bras were imperative to maintaining her popular MILF image...
Underwear? I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that even St. Obama wasn't free-balling.
I think the question is more "Why did she have to buy new underwear from a pricey lingerie shop for a campaign... Toys R us? Sure, the kids probably need to be entertained on the road, but none of these are legitimate campaign expenses...
Also, I'm pretty sure Obama didn't expense his boxer-briefs to the DNC...
Hey, Todd had to be entertained too.
She had to buy tacky, slutty outfits for Bristol. How else is she gonna get knocked up one more freakin' time?
I for one demand to know/see what was purchased at VS, I demand pics!
I'd prefer to see her not wearing them.
Victoria's Secret... yeah, that was for the crowds.
she was helping the economy.
hey had a plan b where she slept with uncommitted voters. They ended up scratching it at the last moment when republicans realized the difference in votes was so great that even with 3 slots she couldn't do it in time remaining.
She is single handedly trying to give a boost to the economy.
She is single handedly trying to give a boost in the economy's pants.
Better.
This is a story 'bout a girl named Lead,
shootin' at some fear to keep her family fed...
What does Victoria's Secret sell that is relevant to the campaign?
Attire appropriate for the Lincoln Bedroom, where Palin was anticipating entertaining major donors following the election.
Lookin good is hard, dontcha know ;)
"'cause, you know, does johnny boy like a dolled up hussy? you betcha."
Sometimes the VP candidate just wants to feel sexy, ya know? Thong-related confidence is priceless when you're being interviewed for the second highest position in our government.
So she and her family spent what, $90K a month of RNC money while she was on the ticket? To spend that kind of money at the places they spent it indicates to me that they must have spent the bulk of their time shopping.
Were was the McCain campaign team while she was whooping it up spending $3000 a day at Wal-Mart and the Limited? What, nobody noticed until they got the bill?
Please.
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1208/16223.html
I cant help but feel slightly sorry for those people that donated to the Repub campaign only to have their donation spent at Toys R Us.
I don't ... she puts the fraude in schadenfraude.
Post a Comment