WELCOME TO DR. B.'S WORLD
This new white format allows me to post complete pics (the other Blogger formats cut them off, practically in half). Pretend you're reading your newspaper or something.
Dates separate each post, barely, so look for the dates on the left. Print is large & readable. Comment section is unchanged. My Profile info was at the bottom, but I moved it back to the top. Deal with it.
[Disclaimer: Pursuant to the UCC (Uniform Comedy Code), all depictions of events and persons on this site are more real than reality itself, and therefore any resemblance to reality is not really real.]
Unbalanced. Unfair. I report. I decide.
Dates separate each post, barely, so look for the dates on the left. Print is large & readable. Comment section is unchanged. My Profile info was at the bottom, but I moved it back to the top. Deal with it.
[Disclaimer: Pursuant to the UCC (Uniform Comedy Code), all depictions of events and persons on this site are more real than reality itself, and therefore any resemblance to reality is not really real.]
Unbalanced. Unfair. I report. I decide.
ABANDON HOPE ALL YE WHO ENTER HERE. If you have already abandoned hope, please disregard this notice. In this blog, you'll be exposed to the way I see things. Lots of things. Stuff I think of. Things that happen. Random weirdness. Occasional seriousness. My life. My world. My universe. My reality. By reading this, you have given me brief control of your mind....
Dr. B.
About Me
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(368)
-
▼
October
(32)
- HOW MUCH??
- FINANCIAL BAILOUT SOUVENIRS
- IF YOU WERE THE BOSS, WHO WOULD YOU HIRE?
- ESSAY, BY SARAH PALIN (IN HER DEBATE/SPEECH STYLE)...
- KISSINGER/PALIN TRANSCRIPT
- AFTER YOU VIEW PALIN'S FLOW CHART, LET'S MOVE ON T...
- THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE (BUT THE LIES ARE WAAAAY OU...
- A STATISTICAL FACT: HALF THE PEOPLE ARE BELOW AVER...
- PRESIDENTIAL CAMPAIGNS AS TRAINS
- McCAIN SAYS OBAMA'S ACTUAL FIRST NAME IS 'THAT'
- QUITE A FEW THINGS HAPPENED FRIDAY -- HERE'S A FEW...
- DAMN IT FEELS GOOD TO BE A BANKSTA!
- THE DIFFERENCE
- SELF-EXPLANATORY
- RACIST MORONS ARE EVERYWHERE - AND THEY VOTE!!!
- JOE THE PLUMBER WINS THE 3RD PRESIDENTIAL DEBATE. ...
- McCAIN MORPHS INTO HIS TRUE SELF: NOSFERATU
- WHADDYA MEAN I'M NEGATIVE?!?!
- OBAMA RALLY DRAWS 100,000 IN MISSOURI
- COLIN POWELL ENDORSES OBAMA FOR PRESIDENT
- IN YESTERDAY'S STATEMENT OF SUPPORT FOR OBAMA, COL...
- COUNTERING McCAIN AND PALINS LIES ABOUT OBAMA'S AC...
- SARAH PALIN'S $150 MILLION PERSONAL SHOPPER IS ALS...
- SARAH PALIN DISPLAYS THE LATEST IN VOTE DEMOCRATIC...
- RETAIL SECTOR SOARS ON NEWS THAT PALIN SEEKS NEW O...
- MORE FUN WITH CARIBOU BARBIE
- HERE IS YOUR NIGHTMARE SCENARIO.... PICK ONE,,,GO ...
- PALIN ASSOCIATES WITH CONVICTED FELON
- HEY JOE THE PLUMBER - HAVE I GOT A GIRL FOR YOU!
- FOR MANY EVANGELICALS, IT WILL BE THE END OF THE W...
- McCAIN BUSES IN SCHOOL KIDS TO FILL 'CROWD', CALLS...
- HAPPY HALLOWEEN, OR NOT...
-
▼
October
(32)

17 comments:
People like this saahole really scare me.
ignorance unbounded. explains george w. bush's elections.
To be fair, they are both really, really stupid.
Folks, now do you understand American Democracy? This Ohio moron's mentality represents the majority of the voters. While they may not be as dumb as this idiot on Obama's faith, they will neglect all forms of critical discourse and display a profound ignorance on any issue they deem important.
So in this election, you're either:
1) one of them
2) trying to control them to suit your needs
3) Observing the whole thing from above, while silently mouthing, "WTF?"
4) Ordering a cheeseburger
The stupidity, it hurts.
I'm not sure what is worse:
The fact that people believe Obama is a Muslim/Arab despite being told by McCain and Obama and pretty much anyone who knows anything that he isn't and has attended a Christian church for decades
OR
The fact that it would be so horrible if he was. Christians have committed at least as many atrocities through the centuries as Muslims. America was actually founded to escape religious persecution and the church's influence on government.
So it's either stubborn ignorance or blind bigotry. Europe has already had female/minority presidents and will have the first Muslim/Atheist/Single/Gay presidents too. America is sadly backwards as evidence that its so controversial even to have a woman or a black man running for office.
What an idiot. I'm just glad that in real life, I've never actually met anyone so ignorant and stupid; I'm not sure how I would react.
This kind of thinking is so fear based. Knee jerk, uninformed and dangerous. I do know people who think this way and conversations with them are as productive as hitting your head against a brick wall. I have a relative who said she didn't trust Obama's "looks" from day one and she will continue to listen to "her gut" There's another guy in the family who said he would like to duct tape me to a chair and make me listen to Glen Beck until I could see the truth. Here's my point-fear is the enemy. FDR said "we have nothing to fear but fear itself" I think it hits the nail on the head. As the Irish would say: Lord turn their hearts and if you can't turn their hearts then turn their ankle so we'll know them by their limping "
Buffy (Mrs. Dr. B. I think?) is totally right.
My family lives in the South, and they are all CONVINCED that Obama is a terrorist and that his presidency will mean the end of this country. These are well-educated successful people who have never behaved in a way to make me believe they are rascist until now. Recently, some friends of mine were discussing how Obama is the "anti-Christ" and cannot be allowed to win. Again, nice, seemingly normal and intelligent, church-going republicans AND democrats.
Unfortunately, I think that we are only viewing these outbursts as "redneck" cries, but I am afraid that it is much more widespread than that.
Really, the most dangerous kind of racism is the insidious kind. It's harder to root out.
Here in North Carolina, the racism is always present under the surface. People are just now too PC to voice it openly. Where I have found the racism to be the most prevalent and the most vicious, although it is rarely expressed openly, is in the middle to upper middle class white population (which household typically is a one-earner salesperson working for a large company, and typically has moved here from the north), not in the working class whites. The working class whites have figured out that the "man" oppresses them almost as much as he oppresses the blacks.
After reading Buffy's comment, I added some art (to me, a cartoon is art) that sums up the ignorant slime more than a few folks are saying - and believing - about Obama.
I had a depressing conversation last night with a woman at my church who believes this. She did tell me she admired me for not being afraid of the "end times"(sigh). I tried.
As stupid as it sounds there are a lot of people around here (SC) who believe this. It makes me sad.
RE: the little cartoon McCain in the bottom right of the last panel? ...Somehow I don't think McCain would be THAT ashamed.
Sarah Palin is apparently doing a good job getting the most despicable elements of our society all riled up to threaten and intimidate the more intelligent members of society -- the "Readers," as they probably call us. Those of us who don't like unemployment or rats in school -- or rats in the government for that matter. Those of us who want people to vote. They hate us because of our intelligence. That is not a claim George W. Bush could ever make. Nor most Republicans.
Their days of ruling this nation with an iron fist are almost over. Come November 4 there's a new team that's going to take over. We'll go back to honest debate, analysis. Intelligent programs. Support for children and for education. Re-build our communities. Tax the rich like blazes. These idiots will not go away -- they will crawl back under a rock where they will continue to plot to destroy the country. The rest of us just need to do our business, elect Obama.
In what McCain aides are hoping could be a "game-changer" in advance of tonight's third and final presidential debate, GOP nominee John McCain today expressed a strong vote of confidence in the marriage between Madonna and British film director Guy Ritchie.
Speaking to a group of supporters in a retirement home on Long Island, Sen. McCain departed from his prepared remarks to deliver his perspective on the Madonna-Ritchie union.
"My friends, I know a good many of you are concerned about Madonna's marriage," he said. "Well, I am here to tell you that the fundamentals of Madonna's marriage are strong."
The Arizona senator also unveiled his latest economic proposal, which involves sending a "surge" of US troops to America's banks.
"My friends, the surge worked in Iraq, and it will work in our banks," he said. "The only difference between Iraq and America's banking system is that Iraq has more money."
Perhaps in an effort to tamp down expectations for his candidate's performance in tonight's debate, a McCain spokesman spun it this way: "We'll consider it a victory if he doesn't fall off the edge of the stage."
SemiSarcastic wins the comment war. I'm still laughing!!!
Post a Comment