WELCOME TO DR. B.'S WORLD

This new white format allows me to post complete pics (the other Blogger formats cut them off, practically in half). Pretend you're reading your newspaper or something.

Dates separate each post, barely, so look for the dates on the left. Print is large & readable. Comment section is unchanged. My Profile info was at the bottom, but I moved it back to the top. Deal with it.

[Disclaimer: Pursuant to the UCC (Uniform Comedy Code), all depictions of events and persons on this site are more real than reality itself, and therefore any resemblance to reality is not really real.]

Unbalanced. Unfair. I report. I decide.

ABANDON HOPE ALL YE WHO ENTER HERE. If you have already abandoned hope, please disregard this notice. In this blog, you'll be exposed to the way I see things. Lots of things. Stuff I think of. Things that happen. Random weirdness. Occasional seriousness. My life. My world. My universe. My reality. By reading this, you have given me brief control of your mind....

Dr. B.

Dr. B.

About Me

My photo
You damn kids get off my lawn.

Saturday, September 27, 2008

LEAKED: JOHN McCAIN'S NOTES FOR FRIDAY'S DEBATE

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

While watching the debates I often yelled at Obama (my television set) to get McCain. I got frustrated when he wouldn't. Then after it was over I sort of felt like Obama had a different agenda. I think he wanted contrast. McCain looked old and backward thinking and grumpy. Obama looked calm, ,knew his facts, had solutions and didn't seem threatened by admitting his opponent was right on issues. I think he wanted people to see the difference. He did a great job.

Anonymous said...

The one thing that was so evident through out the entirety of the debate was McCain's absolute unwillingness to actually look at Obama and recognize him! Many media commentators noted his "grumpiness," etc. but what I saw was out and out contempt for Obama. And this is the man who we want representing America on the world stage?

Obama, in contrast, came off as open and gracious. His willingness to agree with McCain on a number of points throughout the debate showed his willingness to work with others in a nonpartisan way

Dr. B. said...

Remember when McCain said he was going to skip the debate tonight?

He probably should have stuck with that.

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of Obama's performance tonight! He was clear and connected well with the audience. He was not "professorial" as all of the pundits had feared. Simply put, he rocked. He does need to lose the "John is right" mess for the next debate but I kinda understand why he feels he has to do it. Independents, according to the pundits, dislike angry attacks and when politicians fight, so I think Obama was trying to show them that he is a bridge builder while McCain clearly displayed he is a bridge burner.

McCain appears to be an angry, bitter man. With all of Cindy's loot what's his problem? He needs to calm down and take a deep breath. He has shown poor judgement from day 1 (see Sarah Palin) and I think the fact that a younger, smarter, more attractive man (who happens to be black) is kicking his butt is really hard for him to swallow. He is also pissed that Obama has no military experience but knows as much as he does about foreign affairs.

How many think that the VP debate will actually take place on Thursday? I highly doubt it.

Anonymous said...

I think it will happen Thursday, but I have heard they are moving the venue. To a Ringling Brothers/Barnum & Bailey Big Top.

Anonymous said...

I agree about Obama giving kudos to McCain. As gracious as O is, McCain resents it when Obama does that, so he should quit crediting him.

As for the Veep debate, they should do the same thing.... hold it, & if Sarah doesn't show up, make it a town hall meeting.

Anonymous said...

McCain humiliated Romney and Huckabee without pause, like they were HS freshmen and he was the HS senior jock.

Considering how McCain absolutely RIPPED his Republican opponents in the GOP primary, he looked scared of Obama. He looked absolutely intimidated. I think he's learning Obama's no punk. Geezzz, maybe it was the White House meeting, but after months of trash talk, McCain looked timid.

Anonymous said...

Repubs and Democrats reported that it was Obama who LED the White House meeting that McCain was trying to take credit for and McCain sat through the whole thing without a clue as to what was going on. He was so silent that several Democrats repeatedly asked him what he thought, and he STILL had no real answers --I think at some psychological level he knows that Obama has him BEAT. He looked completely OFF and uncomfortable during the whole thing... Body language doesn't lie...

Anonymous said...

it was very rude when Obama would speak Mccain would not only not look at Obama but would smile & smirk like he thought all this was funny. Reminded me of Bush.

Anonymous said...

That's how they treated the blacks in his days.

Anonymous said...

And that's what freaks him out about sitting across the table from Mr. I'm-a-dinner-jacket of Iran, really. Remember how he got totally unhinged with the prospect of having to sit eye to eye with Iran leader? it's some kind of latent racism. Blacks, arabs, muslims, all not worthy of his eye contact.

Anonymous said...

Light-bulb moment! You are absolutely right! It was a silent "you're just an uppidity nigger" toward Obama! Now I'm even happier that the polls are all indicating that Obama won this one.

Anonymous said...

It was as though McLame considers himself above it all, as though it is a personal insult to him to have to debate with Obama. What a snide, bitter, old man.

Anonymous said...

It's actually more a masking of fear. It's the same thing he does when he turns reporters away. Although confrontational himself, he shows great discomfort whenever he himself feels confronted.

Another bullying Republican.

Anonymous said...

Barack won the debate on style and substance. The issue of "temperament" and "presidential" demeanor are important to voters. McCain, like Bush has been decidedly intemperate and not presidential. I believe many Americans are embarrassed by Bush and part of the change they want is someone who has the ability to communicate in a way that elevates people. McCain is like Bush with his petulant and combative style. This is not what we want in a time of National Crisis. We want someone who will pull people together in a time of crisis.

The worst moment was when McCain exploited the death of a soldier to defend his Iraq policy.It was a cynical and blatant attempt to exploit a family tragedy to defend an elective war against a country that played no role in the 9/11 attack. So is Iraq worth more than 4, 000 dead and 40,000 wounded? My twin sons and I have served in Iraq. One was wounded and the other is there on a 15 month tour. McCain like Bush is just another politician who really does not give a shit about the troops or the vets. He opposed the new GI Bill and supports 15 month tours which exact a horrific emotional and mental toll on the troops and their families. When will he acknowledge it was a mistake to enter the war?. Now that is what a real "Maverick" would do.

Anonymous said...

McCain's arrogance displayed the fact that he cannot reach out to anyone who doesn't do or say what he wants them to say. He views any American who disagrees with him with the same arrogant dislike (sound like any president you know?)

Blog Archive